• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Day, New Boat, Bad Start

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just spoke to the dealer. They water tested the boat, but don't know why the engines cut out. They special ordered two tower knobs hopefully no more than 2 weeks. In the meantime, they put a bolt in the starboard side and recommended not removing. I will have to leave the boat in their yard until the new ones come in as the door to the storage unit in 10' and the boat is 10'5" with the tower up.
@HangOutdoors maybe we can get out Monday or Tuesday evening after all.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just spoke to the dealer. They water tested the boat, but don't know why the engines cut out. They special ordered two tower knobs hopefully no more than 2 weeks. In the meantime, they put a bolt in the starboard side and recommended not removing. I will have to leave the boat in their yard until the new ones come in as the door to the storage unit in 10' and the boat is 10'5" with the tower up.
@HangOutdoors maybe we can get out Monday or Tuesday evening after all.
Let me know.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great sounds like you are getting her sorted out.............. their are a lot of safety devices on boats epically the new Yamaha. On older Yamaha's their not to many safeties that will shut down both engines at once........Hatch button's and I think on your 2024 the bucket cables are electric motor driven and will do a shut down If the reverse gates are not in sync the only other on I can think of is the Lanyard switch can shut off both engines. It sounds like your dealer is on top of it anyway and is aware if it does it again.

Good luck and that's one nice boat!!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We got the boat out today, no issues at all. We finished the break-in, had lunch and just anchored for a while. We hit 49.5 mph, into the wind, some ripples and the gas tank was about 68% full, I think there's at least 2-3 mph more in her.