• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron 187 vs Scarab 165

Wkhouj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Hello,

I am looking between the Scarab 165 and the Glastron 187. They both come with the same 250HP engine.
I just moved to Tampa FL and looking to buy my first boat. It's mostly my wife and I but we will be having family and friends visit often. We mostly will use it to drive around and some water sports. I like the idea of the 165 because it's the closest thing to a jet ski when it comes to performance. I thought about the 187 because of the extra seating when we have more people around. Price is also a factor for me and I heard that the Glastron has a big markup and I could get the price down to mid $20s. I don't know what is the 165 markup. Here are my questions to current owners and experts:

- would the 165 be OK in open waters or its too small to handle the waves?
- has anyone driven both and can tell me the difference ?
- if you bought one, how much discounts did you get off MSRP?

Thanks

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
165 is for glassy waters unless you like jumping waves a bit. I did but my family didn't! We moved to the 21' boat after having an exciter 270 which I still miss to this day for the fun of it, but I can certainly appreciate the bigger boat with a family. A cooler on that little boat makes for tight quarters.
seems to be a recurring theme that you needto test drive these new boats so don't buy without one!