• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gotta love some Gladys

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a huge fan of Ellen , but that right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HI Larious!!!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy crap that's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honestly - do you guys think Gladys is real? There is no doubt she is funny, but I have some skepticism that she is real. What do you guys think?

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honestly - do you guys think Gladys is real? There is no doubt she is funny, but I have some skepticism that she is real. What do you guys think?
I lived in Texas for a bit, and based on some of the very warmhearted and well meaning but quirky people I met in south Texas, I have no doubt she is real. And that's no slam against Texas or her residents - I love that state.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Point taken

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's hard to put into words, but I met a lot of folks there (especially in south and central Texas, rural areas etc.) who are, for lack of a better word, very candid and unfiltered. It would never occur to them that someone would take what they said out of context, and so there's this very real (and in some ways, old school and charming) about someone who speaks like that - because they just say what's on their mind without worrying about how someone else will react to what they've said. You could call it honesty, but it's honesty plus something else I can't quite put my finger on.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am from Oklahoma. And, from a very small town at that. So, I do understand exactly what you are saying. I am originally from Fillmore, Oklahoma. I graduated kindergarten at Fillmore School. My graduating class was a grand total of 2! Yep, just me and one other kid. Oh, and we had two teachers! Talk about a good teacher to student ratio! 2 teachers - 2 kids

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am from Oklahoma. And, from a very small town at that. So, I do understand exactly what you are saying. I am originally from Fillmore, Oklahoma. I graduated kindergarten at Fillmore School. My graduating class was a grand total of 2! Yep, just me and one other kid. Oh, and we had two teachers! Talk about a good teacher to student ratio! 2 teachers - 2 kids
That may be the smallest graduating class I've ever heard of...

Maybe it's universally a rural thing. My grandfather lived in OK for a number of years (I still have family there, somewhere) and ended up permanently in rural MO, and I guess I never though about it but the people there had the same quality. Maybe I've (we all have) become to city-fied. If that's a word...:')

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never have seen the Ellen show, but I would watch the Gladys show! She was a hoot! =)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In the words of Jace on Duck Dynasty:

"The problem with the world is that there is too much concrete."

I won't ever forget that quote. I stopped and thought about it for a while. It is an incredible quote to me. It was meant in kind of a joking way, but if you really stop and think about concrete from, say when I was a child, to concrete now...there is a heck of a lot more concrete these days!!! People are almost trained to not walk on grass, but to walk, instead, on concrete. Back when I was a kid, we didn't have concrete at our house. There were gravel roads, gravel driveways, and grass. No concrete.

Ok - so maybe that was off topic, but your comment made me think of that.