• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP NEEDED - JL Audio 7.7 Tower speakers

TreyK83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Good afternoon -

I purchased a pair of JL Audio 7.7 tower speakers as well as the JL Audio mounts for my 2020 Scarab 195 - the mounts are for a FOUR WINNS tower, but was under the impression they would work based on the images I have seen of other boats - I WAS WRONG!

Can someone please help me understand what I need to purchase to mount the tower speakers in the stock locations? Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you mean the diameter of the mounts is too small or too big? Not familiar with those particular mounts. However I presume if its too large you may be able to get rubber inserts to make up the difference. If it is too small you may need to order the correct size mount. Maybe someone else can chime in to help that is more familiar those mounts.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Not sure if this helps, but I bought the kicker tower speakers (that's what Scarab used then) to mount to my tower and the solution was to just not use any mounts and bolt them directly to the tower. It may be different with JL as I've not seen how they mount.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I just saw that the JL mounting system is pretty different. Maybe you need something like this?

TreyK83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I just saw that the JL mounting system is pretty different. Maybe you need something like this?
These are the ones I purchased and they do not match up with the stock mounting points. I am so confused as these JL speakers come on the 2021 scarab as the upgraded sound system.

TreyK83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Do you mean the diameter of the mounts is too small or too big? Not familiar with those particular mounts. However I presume if its too large you may be able to get rubber inserts to make up the difference. If it is too small you may need to order the correct size mount. Maybe someone else can chime in to help that is more familiar those mounts.
Thank you for responding. The tower actually has mounting points on the outside of the tower so I was hoping not to have to hang them from the tubes themselves. I appreciate the insight though.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
These are the ones I purchased and they do not match up with the stock mounting points. I am so confused as these JL speakers come on the 2021 scarab as the upgraded sound system.
Uhhg! Sorry, I can't help you any more than that. However, I would do one of 4 things if I were you:
  1. Contact Scarab. They mounted them, so they have to know what brackets to use. But, since Scarab Customer Service is notoriously absent (It was just mentioned that they recently experienced a data breach), I would....
  2. Contact JL Customer service. They must've set up a deal with Scarab so they should know what brackets are needed.
  3. Find a dealer that has a Scarab in stock (prob difficult) with the premium system and see what bracket is installed.
  4. Probably the least desirable, but purchase the generic tower clamp for brackets.
Sorry, that's all I got. I think the JL sound system is new for this year so you are, likely, trail blazing!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just had a look at the Parts Catalog. The brackets you need are part # (Scarab's I think) 029-0713. You can find it, and a picture, Here under "SPEAKERS, WAKETOWER (1 PAIR)".

I don't think Scarab takes orders directly from customers, but you could get a dealer to order it for you.

It does look real similar to what you already have, though.

TreyK83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just had a look at the Parts Catalog. The brackets you need are part # (Scarab's I think) 029-0713. You can find it, and a picture, Here under "SPEAKERS, WAKETOWER (1 PAIR)".

I don't think Scarab takes orders directly from customers, but you could get a dealer to order it for you.

It does look real similar to what you already have, though.
YOURE THE BEST. Thank you finding this for me. Very much appreciated.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
YOURE THE BEST. Thank you finding this for me. Very much appreciated.
Just realized that my link wasn't very good. Glad you found it anyway. :D

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Good afternoon -

I purchased a pair of JL Audio 7.7 tower speakers as well as the JL Audio mounts for my 2020 Scarab 195 - the mounts are for a FOUR WINNS tower, but was under the impression they would work based on the images I have seen of other boats - I WAS WRONG!

Can someone please help me understand what I need to purchase to mount the tower speakers in the stock locations? Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like I'm now in the same boat as you, figuratively. Which ones did you go with finally? Scarab's (dealer's)?

TreyK83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Looks like I'm now in the same boat as you, figuratively. Which ones did you go with finally? Scarab's (dealer's)?
I was able to order part number:
029-0713
1670447468425.png

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I was able to order part number:
029-0713
Thanks!

Looks like I'm gonna have to go and order from the dealer. At least they appear to be in a similar price-range (price not shown in the parts catalog).

I'm curious: What's the difference? They look almost identical in the pictures.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good afternoon -

Did you install these speakers?