• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Housing Bearing come prepacked with grease?

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered a new housing bearing for my 07 AR230 from TITAN via Amazon. Does anybody know if the bearing comes prepacked with grease?

Bearing Housing for Yamaha 61X-G5332-00-00 66G-45332-00-94 AR SR FX VX GP XL

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bearings themselves I would assume they are greased when they are packed together and put together. The housing itself does not come with grease in it. You have to put some in via the nipple, or look up what others have used to put in there for the rubber seal. Just be careful putting grease in the housing with a grease gun, you can ruin the seal by putting too much in it.

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes - I would assume these are packed with grease when assembled. I'm going to hold the housing bearing in hand and connect the tube and the zerk fitting at the other end and slowing add grease and feel the rubber seal, but goal in to ensure tubing has grease....Yes over greasing is not good for the bearing or rubber seal, that's why I'm asking.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other