• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Does anyone know the distance from Harbour town to Bahia mar ocean side?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I would love to order two shirts, gotta decide on the colors
And I would like to contribute to 2 stickers as well please :)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce we are not going to stay at the Bahia Mar The no wake zone would take too long to meet up with you guys in the morning but I was contemplating meeting up Oceanside We could run wide open (seas permitting) that way.....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce we are not going to stay at the Bahia Mar The no wake zone would take too long to meet up with you guys in the morning but I was contemplating meeting up Oceanside We could run wide open (seas permitting) that way.....
Is your group launching at Harbor Towne on the Monday morning?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Valerie I would just meet them at the mouth of the channel then. It would have to be a well timed effort though we left Bahia Mar at 6am last year. I would plan to be at the entrance to Port Everglades no later then 6:15am. I would launch from Harbor town no later then 5:30 am on the water and moving time. The problem on planing to leave from there though is that place can fill up especially when you have all our vehicles there. If you guys get there at 5:00am and there is no parking security will turn you away so you will also need a safe quick back up plan or you may miss the group. I know that's not too big a deal for you guys as you have enough with that you can cross on your own safely but parking down there was an issue last year. We had people waiting for hours down there for a parking spot to open up as late as I think 10pm the night before.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would stress the same to the rest of the group no need to go check in first go to Harbor Town first and check in once arriving by boat. Anything you have at Bahia Mar is coming to Bimini with you as your vehicle won't be there so no need to stop and drop items off first if you can't get it on your boat leaving Harbor Town it doesn't need to be with you any more.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Valerie, if your group is going to launch Monday morning meet us at the turning basin. But I highly recommend launching your skis on Sunday and being ready to leave on Monday morning. If Harbor Towne is full you will be stuck until parking spots open up.

It is 3 miles of no wake speeds from Harbor Towne to the turning basin. So 36 minutes travel time after everyone is launched.

image.png

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce We were the last ones they let in last year ya Harbour Town. I keep flip flopping on what to do..... I want this trip to be as easy and flawless as possible.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce We were the last ones they let in last year ya Harbour Town. I keep flip flopping on what to do..... I want this trip to be as easy and flawless as possible.
Staying at Bahia Mar the night before makes it an easier and less stressful trip. Especially the early morning part.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:cool:Got my Valentine's Day present early! Lol No jewelry, candy or flowers for this girl, it's electronics, car parts and Jetski accessories!!
You forgot to mention the best part... it's "Slim and Stylish".

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:cool:Got my Valentine's Day present early! Lol No jewelry, candy or flowers for this girl, it's electronics, car parts and Jetski accessories!!
That's a great radio! She is a keeper:winkingthumbsup"

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So for anyone who plans to carry extra fuel on this trip I ran across this earlier tonight. Its a portable fuel pump that attaches to almost any gas can and runs on 4 aa batteries. This would be way easier then try to hold a 5 gallon gas can over the side of the boat. For those on skis I promise this is easier then trying to unattach gas cans from the back of the ski and reattach them at sea.

http://www.amazon.com/TERAPUMP-Generation-Non-spill-Auto-Stop-attachment/dp/B00M1WBRKM

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
That is awesome! I need to order one now! Especially where it is on my ski to refuel.... Thank you for the info!!