• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Landing strip LED lights on the trailer

Love this idea @Bruce. I told a buddy I wanted to do this a few weeks ago - so I'm really glad that someone (you) pulled it off. I wanted to do it for the same reasons, and it's not an expensive mod.

Thanks for the discussions on the legal aspects too. I hadn't thought about that.

They are Amber. They match the trailer side lights perfectly.
Ahhh! In that case, I would think there is no issue whatsoever. Some 18 wheelers are loaded with amber side markers. I've seen some that are so bright it is blinding at night.

Nice Bruce! I did the Boatmate kit last year.

Boatemate trailer lights.jpg

Awesome Bruce!

I'd be happy if my left rear light would just stay lit!

I noticed it was out last year and I bought a replacement capsule....went to install it and the light was working fine. So I threw the capsule back in my tote.

This past weekend I noticed it was out again. I wish I had the replacement with me so I could wave it at the trailer and the light would magically come one!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That switch is a great idea. Cam.

I like the float switch idea. You could grab power from one of the side lights at the rear and install the switch there.

Since my lights are Amber I am going to hope that the brave gentlemen patrolling our highways will see the lights as increasing safety and let me pass.

added to the faq

Very neat.

Hell.. I'm law enforcement and I think I'm gonnna do it with mine! Screw the popo!! Lol. Honestly as long as they are amber and not blindingly bright you will be fine..... where did you buy your supplies bruce?

Don't semi trucks have the same thing lining the side of their trailers? I think as long as they are legal color (amber) they should be fine to be considered running lights.

Edit: guess I should have read the thread first to see everyone else suggesting the same thing :P.

The Boatmate kit already comes with an water activated switch!

I just ordered the led running light from the link Bruce posted... can anyone post a link to a kit to change all of the trailer lights to leds? I had no luck searching in the treads for it.

I replaced the trailer lights on my 2009 MFI trailer with this kit, however this only includes stop/turn and rear running lights. You'd have to order additional lights to replace the running lights up front. It took slightly more work than I'd liked - the bolt hole patterns didn't line up, so I had to drill a few new holes, but the lights are the same dimensions, so they are exact replacements.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016KFY0O

I wonder if there is a way to mount to the outside edge of the bunks where the hull does not rest.

I wonder if there is a way to mount to the outside edge of the bunks where the hull does not rest.

I considered that but was concerned that the LEDs would not stick to the carpet well.

Back