• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring cover solution!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20230911_132323.jpg20230911_132436.jpg20230911_132930.jpg20230911_132943.jpg20230911_132221.jpgI just bought a 2023 195s and found it impossible to utilize the ratchet strap set up. Hear me out on this, I have the solution for all. As we all know the struggle, I'm gonna keep it short and to the point. Get yourself a 4$ cheap tie down. Cut and use the strap as that much needed length to get yourself started on the cover ratchet. I only needed to set up one side and money. Now I can cover without cutting my fingers off stretching it over that last corner. Cover and tighten. No thanks needed, ideas are free, just take the time to pay it forward friends. Happy boating.

iamtommyboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great idea. Did you disassemble the ratchet to pull the loop out so you could use the loop for the new hook? I hope that makes sense?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No just release the ratchet all the way and the end loop that is wound around the strap will come completely loose from the ratchet. Then just start the ratchet with the hook strap and connect to the loop on the cover.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 23 190 has more than enough slack, as did the 195 cover they sold me initially.

Where is it tight?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@mattscheuerlein , thank you. I have had numerous mooring covers and almost none of them had long enough straps. I like that your solution is simple and relatively inexpensive.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Np thanks for responding, 4 dollar solution. Glad to share and help. Happy boating.

Last edited: