• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new toys for the garage.... cars or anything

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Saw this thread pop up, and wondered what I could have possibly said about my toyless garage.

That was a pretty good idea. Wonder what they're going for these days. Of course, I also have half a mind to add a waverunner, or a wrangler, or just be really stupid and pick up the 30' Tidewater I fell in love with last weekend. I suppose I should be responsible until I find out what my roof, fascia, and gutters are gonna cost me 😂
Someone told me the price of roofs are up 300% since 2017. At least in Florida.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe it. More than one of those shady door to door companies has said they could get it replaced free via insurance, since we did have a hailstorm last year. I'm not sold, but will ask the reputable companies I ask to quote the work what they think.

...if that's the case, I'll probably do something foolish. Not a 2014 GT though, cause apparently those still cost almost as much as I paid back in the day. Oh, to buy a fun new car with a price tag starting with a 3.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I believe it. More than one of those shady door to door companies has said they could get it replaced free via insurance, since we did have a hailstorm last year. I'm not sold, but will ask the reputable companies I ask to quote the work what they think.

...if that's the case, I'll probably do something foolish. Not a 2014 GT though, cause apparently those still cost almost as much as I paid back in the day. Oh, to buy a fun new car with a price tag starting with a 3.
Plenty of stuff in the 300k range :cool:.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I think it’s cool that you have a “vehicle” that has tracks.
Thanks. It was a tough sell to my wife but she used it during the last storm and loved it.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That thing is sweet @shnknapp...
Is that a battery between the handlebars for electric starts!?! That sure would beat my 10+yo Ariens with a plug-in electric start. And I bet the tracks are a game changer...
Does it throw snow far enough to get to the neighbors driveway?? :p

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Is that a battery between the handlebars for electric starts!?! That sure would beat my 10+yo Ariens with a plug-in electric start. And I bet the tracks are a game changer...
Yes, it's a battery. The tracks are great. Takes a some practice to get used to it but it's nice being able to climb the driveway compared to the last one. Not really what I wanted to spend but when the 11 year old Simplicity died in January, you I didn't have many options. Figures my Honda mower has been running like a champ for years so why not?

Yes, it does hit the neighbors driveway. Didn't realize that until I was almost done. Ended up doing their driveway too.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am so glad that I no longer have to appreaciate those machines.:)
Yup i gave a new snowblower away when i moved here in 2016 to my father in law. and then gave the same machine away when i cleaned out his house to a good friend who helped me deal with the nightmare my father in law left me. It was still in mint condition

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, that car is absolutely gorgeous.

Saw this thread pop up, and wondered what I could have possibly said about my toyless garage.

That was a pretty good idea. Wonder what they're going for these days. Of course, I also have half a mind to add a waverunner, or a wrangler, or just be really stupid and pick up the 30' Tidewater I fell in love with last weekend. I suppose I should be responsible until I find out what my roof, fascia, and gutters are gonna cost me 😂
I'm such a dud. Got my roof covered by insurance, did a bunch of other exterior upgrades, and the toy money is gone again. Did pick up a bit of a toy of a commuter, and the garage looks nice at least.

IMG_4156.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 28" deluxe Ariens with electric start - never use it as it turns over in one pull. Add some seafoam to your gas tank. Take your plug out and add some to the cylinder to de carbon it. Change your plug. It'll run like a top with a little maintenance!

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hope my hangar counts as another garage. My wife calls both of these "The Other Mistresses."

My Vans RV7 airplane. Picture taken during Covid to send to our kids to keep their spirits up.IMG_1691.jpgIMG_2429.JPGIMG_0456.jpg
My 2015 Corvette. My wife and I have added Carbon Flash Splitter and Skirts on it from WeaponX.

I count my Blessings Everyday!! God has been so good to my wife and I.

Respectfully
Darren & Traci Kerns

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope my hangar counts as another garage. My wife calls both of these "The Other Mistresses."

My Vans RV7 airplane. Picture taken during Covid to send to our kids to keep their spirits up.View attachment 207590
Wow !!

We had another member who was building his own plane and giving us updates on it,
I can't remember now, maybe in WI ?? anyone remember his name or seen a post lately?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Kernsy Love those RVs! You've probably got the most exciting paint job that I've seen. Did you build it? We've been to Airventure at Oshkosh two years in a row now so we've seen lots of different ones and what some are capable of. Amazing aircraft. Our 19yo daughter is on her way to becoming a commercial pilot so we may have a hanger with a private plane in it someday.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Kernsy Love those RVs! You've probably got the most exciting paint job that I've seen. Did you build it? We've been to Airventure at Oshkosh two years in a row now so we've seen lots of different ones and what some are capable of. Amazing aircraft. Our 19yo daughter is on her way to becoming a commercial pilot so we may have a hanger with a private plane in it someday.

Thank You. So many love the paint job while others think it is too much. Traci picked out the colors. The plane had gone through two previous builders so when I purchased it, it was practically done. I went from a Piper Cherokee 160 to an RV8 then the RV7. My wife got tired of sitting behind me. She wanted to sit next to me. Now, I fly mostly solo because she does not want to go like she use to years ago. This depresses me some but it is what it is.

To be honest, I love the 7 the most. It is very docile to fly but you have to stay ahead of it. Everything happens very fast. However, she lands as slow as my old Cherokee when coming in. Up high I run about 165 knots all day long sipping 9-10 gallon per hour. Anywhere between 180-200 mph. It just depends what the winds are doing. My panel is all glass and it takes a lot of the stress out. Traffic and weather are in front of me on two screens. Aviation has come along way since I started my license back in 1995.

My wife and I both encouraged our kids who want to be professional pilots to chase all of their dreams. We have had quite a few that have completed the task. Flying for Delta, Spirit, and our country. One of my former students flies an A-10. We are so PROUD of these kids.

We have been to OSH multiple times but not flown the 7 in there. The last few times we were there it is just too busy for my taste.

Good Luck
Darren & Traci Kerns

Last edited: