• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No problem surfing behind Yamaha AR192

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board and to hear your boat's working great, be sure to check out the FAQ for lot's of great info,

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Awesome to see that on a 192. I finally got a board and need to get out and give it a shot. Picked up some bags earlier this year. Did you have any bags on board?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd like to try this as well. Whats an easy floaty beginner board me and my wife can use. Do we have to have ballast bags? what speed do you go ?

Craig A Sanford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We have been playing around with weight all year. It is kind of crazy how 100lbs here or there can change the wake and the rpm of the boat at 11 mph. The picture I posted we had 400lbs in the battery compartment port side and 400lbs on the floor back center and 400lbs in the ski locker. What we have found what works best is 800lbs on the rear deck, 400lbs ski locker and then as you put weight at the front of the boat you can lengthen the wake and push it back. The less weight in the front pushes a big wake but it will be right behind the boat. Adding 100lbs or 200lbs to the front of the boat will push the wake back and lengthen it. With no weight in the front of the boat the engine runs at 6800rpm at 11mph. Then for every 100lbs we add at the front of the boat the rpm's drop by 500 to maintain the 11mph. With this set up we have a wake on both sides of the boat so we can attempt to do tricks over the top of the wake and back down the other side. We have a liquid force fish 63 and it is a real easy board for beginners. I am hoping to develop a wedge this winter for testing next year. I think a wedge would allow less weight to be used and it would also clean up the wake.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You mean a wedge that will do this? ;)

20150816_082839.jpg

Gantlin will be starting to prototype wedges this fall for the 190 series boats.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have access to a SX190 but I do not know if they are the same as the Ar192's. Might be an option if you are willing.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All the 190s share the same hull. Even the FHS

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The hulls are identical. You would be welcome to mine. I have contemplated trying to build something like you guys have on the bigger hulls, but frankly haven't had the time. I do think the potential for a nice clean wake with the single engines is great, but will have to be done without thousands of pounds of ballast, as the small hull is very finicky with weight placement. Craig, have you changed props? Also, do you have perfect pass for maintaining speed?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am worried about the ladder bracket placement

Craig A Sanford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The hulls are identical. You would be welcome to mine. I have contemplated trying to build something like you guys have on the bigger hulls, but frankly haven't had the time. I do think the potential for a nice clean wake with the single engines is great, but will have to be done without thousands of pounds of ballast, as the small hull is very finicky with weight placement. Craig, have you changed props? Also, do you have perfect pass for maintaining speed?
Stock impeller and no perfect pass. I will probably get perfect pass this winter and I am sure it would help. We have spent a lot of time moving weight around to perfect the wake and we our getting a great wake now. The picture I posted was middle of the season and with our weight set up now we are getting a better wake then the one in this picture. I would like to be able to use less weight and I am hoping a wedge would help with this.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am playing with the Vtech ECU reflash, the testing is not done but it looks very very promising for adding towing power at low speeds. It may NOT even require switching to a repitched impeller, like the Impros moded Solas, if I'm not completely wrong. I wish the days were longer. We will see...

The definite advantage of this system (Vtech) is that the Maptuner, once purchased by an individual or a group, can be freely and legally shared with as many boats as wanted and the maps can be reflashed back and forth while on the water. And with the single engine, the price of the license is tolerable ($600). They will have to figure something out for our twin friends!

I am working with these guys and they are actually very helpful, will be testing three new maps they just developed for a boat this weekend. So, their library of boat tunes is growing. Mine is N/A but the 192 models are even more amanable to these mods, and these guys have a ton of experience and data from the 1.8l SC jet skis.

So - stay "tuned"!

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
New Board 2016 CWB Ride. Has anyone rode this board as it has been redesigned for 2016? I was looking for a board that everyone can try and as I don't have a dedicated surf boat I thought this would be a good option. My review will have to wait till May (I have only surfed a few times so I'm assuming I will be happy with it).

DAMATS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the wakes that lame on these jet boats that you really need to add hundreds of lbs of ballast etc?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Dedicated wake boats also need hundreds of pounds worth of ballast to make a good surf wave.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And they already weigh about 1000 more pounds then our boats.......

@DAMATS find me a boat that you don't have to add hundreds of pounds of ballast to surf behind that you can tow from lake to lake.