• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ordered my 2016 203 VRX today!

ILfamilyboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It does seem to be running rougher at idle. Raining a little this morning but as soon as it stops I will chech what you suggested. Thanks.

ILfamilyboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok checked the fuses. You are correct that each injector has its own fuse. They were all good. Unplugged and plugged each injector. Started it and check engine light is still on but I no longer have fault mode on display. If I am understanding it correctly that means code is no longer active and I need three drive cycles to clear check engine light. How long is a drive cycle? Is it like cars and 15 min or so till O2 sensors come up to temp?
@veedubtek

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From my understanding, it's very similar : cold to hot to cold = 1 drive cycle. Different calibers of faults have different parameters for going away however. If it was a connection issue as it seems, I'd guess 2-3 cycles should turn it out. @ScarabMike may know more on that than I. I'm basing my information on what I know of Bosch ECM's, not necessarily marine specific applications. I've surprisingly never had an engine light fault in any of my Rotax powered stuff. *knock on wood* Glad you got her running good again, and hope it doesn't return!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The code will remain in the memory, and the light may remain on. Keep using the boat, and enjoy it. The season is short. Let the dealer know what happened, and have them come out and clear the code. You may want to invest in a candoo pro. This will save you the headache of always needing a dealer to read and reset maintenance lights, warning lights, and engine codes.

Skymonkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good look' boat. We've got 11hrs on ours. (203 with single 250) Rides great even surfed behind it. How's your noise level? Mine seems quite loud??

ILfamilyboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well I am only up to 6 hours so we have not been able to get it over 5000 rpm yet. Seems a little louder than I was expecting but could also be because the boat is not even up to plane yet. Lots of force on the boat when it is trying to push all that water. The only thing I have to compare it to is our old outboard boat but that was a whopping 89hp Johnson on the 17' Chap we used to have.