• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect Pass Mod/Fix

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had a couple of issues over the years with Perfect Pass. I had to replace a servo motor after a few years and it was no big deal. I've also had a few times where perfect pass wouldn't throttle down and acted like it wasn't engaging and would overshoot the speed without reducing. I figured out over the years that a couple of things could be wrong...the cable routing (which in retrospect may not have been the problem) or the screw on the pivot arm too tight to allow it to swing freely and need for grease or adjustment.

I read where some Malibu owners added an additional throttle return spring to help this and said why not? So last year I installed an additional return spring and now PP gently overshoots the speed and quickly settles in. I haven't had a problem of it "not engaging" ever since I added this quick fix.

I bought two throttle springs at auto parts store and just added a tie strap for it to loop on. I could drilled and added an eye, but simple is good enough for me.

I thought I would share.

photo.JPG