• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picture of the dual battery setup for 22' Yamaha

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Boys I took the batteries out for the winter, and thought I took a pic of the connections before unhooking everything...... fast forward to now, no luck. Can someone be a bro and take a photo of the battery connections so I can see what goes where?

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
The wires should be labeled at the terminal end.
That would be awesome! But unfortunately, that isnt the case for me. Maybe the dealer didn't do that for me? Either way, looks like I can trace the wires back to the respective battery switches to see which goes to house and which goes to starting. And I'm assuming the negatives are connected together anyway to achieve the series start.

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
This is on a 2021 252. It might be the same. I did the exact same as you and took a pic before winterizing. For the most part, after getting the batteries in the right direction, the wires have memory and will only connect to what they reach anyway.

Attachments

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Your positive (red) wires should for sure have factory house/start labels on them. If they don't, you can easily trace them back to the transfer switch.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
This is on a 2021 252. It might be the same. I did the exact same as you and took a pic before winterizing. For the most part, after getting the batteries in the right direction, the wires have memory and will only connect to what they reach anyway.
thanks man this is super helpful.