• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plastic Dipping trailer Wheels

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got bored and wanted to do a cheap winter mod.
I took my wheels off my trailer because they looked horrible. They where rusty and dirty and neglected last year
So I first cleaned them up this pic shows a side by side comparison of before and after cleaning and polishing

Next I masked off the area around the rims

Then I hit them with a clear coat

I didn't like how they looked so I changed them to match my truck rims
Here is a side by side comparison

Finally a pic of them on the boat

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think they look fantastic!

How long do you expected the plastic dip to hold up?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice job. Really impressive actually. Looks like 1 of those jobs where, once you're done, you got a lot MORE benefit from the time & effort, that you actually spent doing it. Congrats, Mikey

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think they look fantastic!

How long do you expected the plastic dip to hold up?
I am hoping for a long time. I put a glossifier on it to help keep the shine. I plastic dipped my quad last year and its held up with the trails. Granted there are some scratches in it but that was to be expected. I also plastic dipped my friends grill on his truck and it has survived for the last year. So here to hoping it last. great thing about plastic dip is if it gets to bad I can just peal it off like a sticker and start over

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am hoping for a long time. I put a glossifier on it to help keep the shine. I plastic dipped my quad last year and its held up with the trails. Granted there are some scratches in it but that was to be expected. I also plastic dipped my friends grill on his truck and it has survived for the last year. So here to hoping it last. great thing about plastic dip is if it gets to bad I can just peal it off like a sticker and start over

I would think if it can hold up on your quad, it should have no problems on your trailer wheels.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you take the trailer off road with the quad... There would be a picture.