• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ruling on Deflategate...

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
......and Brady is "guilty" of deflating footballs because the Pats (not Brady) were caught spying on the opposing sideline several years ago.
It's established that the Patriots will cheat and Brady is part of the Patriots...only one piece of information that adds to the whole.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed that is comical. What the wells report proves is there a lack of evidence to justify a ruling that any person is guilty of deflating and/or of giving direction to deflate lower than the required psi. What the wells report should have done is provide the facts and facts only so the NFL could make their own decision, instead multiple times in the report assumptions are made conclusions reached based on circumstance and speculation.

What the report does show is the NFL lacks process/procedure around handling of the balls when there is policy in place to govern it. The video evidence even shows several NFL officials not doing anything when clearly the handling of the balls was not following their own policy.

The fact that there is no pregame record of the measurement of the balls....inexcusable. Only 4 of the balls were measured from the Colts team??? Because they "ran out of time". Seriously?

If anything, the players association should be fining the NFL for not following and enforcing their own rules and maintaining the integrity of the game.

I have no problem nailing Brady or any patriot to the wall so long as it's justified and there is evidence to prove it.....should have been the Cowboys in the super bowl and if it was we wouldn't be having this discussion as we all know that Dez caught caught the ball and the refs were conspiring against the Cowboys to make up for their previous weeks mistakes in the Detroit game. Let me pull up the Norm report. :)

None of this matters anyways since the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl next year!!!

PEACE!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused... You want a harsher penalty because they won the Super Bowl? They destroyed the colts by 38 points. Air pressure didn't decide the game. The patriots were the best team and all the patriot haters (like you) are showing up to take a shot. How about when teams cut a player and he gets picked up in the division so they can fleece information about the playbook etc.... Is that an issue? How about all the PED's with Seattle . Did they cheat because many of their players are on the juice?

To be fair, I dont hate the Patriots, but good assessment.... They were rewarding for cheating by being allowed to compete in the Super Bowl.... I dont care if they won by 100.... If it all comes out and it is found out that the referees didn't do their job and Brady doesn't get suspended, I am fine with that too. If that is the case, I believe the referees should be suspended 4 games for not doing their job and and "keeping the integrity of the game". As far as the Seattle thing, I dont know much about it so I wont comment on it, but if they were caught and not reprimanded then there is an issue. I am a Redskins fan and have no dog in the fight, but I am not a fan of cheaters and the Patriots have shown before they don't have a problem with it.... But you are blinded by your love of the Patriots so you come out with all this "youre a hater talk".... I get it, I would be the same way if the Redskins were in this situation.....Unfortunately they aren't.....

menmiss

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To be fair, I dont hate the Patriots, but good assessment.... They were rewarding for cheating by being allowed to compete in the Super Bowl.... I dont care if they won by 100.... If it all comes out and it is found out that the referees didn't do their job and Brady doesn't get suspended, I am fine with that too. If that is the case, I believe the referees should be suspended 4 games for not doing their job and and "keeping the integrity of the game". As far as the Seattle thing, I dont know much about it so I wont comment on it, but if they were caught and not reprimanded then there is an issue. I am a Redskins fan and have no dog in the fight, but I am not a fan of cheaters and the Patriots have shown before they don't have a problem with it.... But you are blinded by your love of the Patriots so you come out with all this "youre a hater talk".... I get it, I would be the same way if the Redskins were in this situation.....Unfortunately they aren't.....
Pauly, the hater thing for the patriots is very real. We understand it because we've been the envy of the nfl for so long. You wouldn't understand as a skins fan because they're horrible and irrelevant and nobody cares outside of d.c. Brady has been a class act on and off the field since day one, and you can see how people are using this to take a shot. It's ok. It comes with the territory . When you're on top, everyone wants to see you fall. You can google the Seattle PED issue if you want. I wonder if Aaron Rodgers is a cheater because he said he likes the ball over inflated.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quote:
"because we've been the envy of the nfl for so long."

Funny......that statement/attitude sums up why so many hate the Pats!

menmiss

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually. Brady has been in six super bowls in 13 seasons. That brings out the haters. It happened to the Yankees, Canadiens ,and celtics. True statement. Nothing personal

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pauly, the hater thing for the patriots is very real. We understand it because we've been the envy of the nfl for so long. You wouldn't understand as a skins fan because they're horrible and irrelevant and nobody cares outside of d.c. Brady has been a class act on and off the field since day one, and you can see how people are using this to take a shot. It's ok. It comes with the territory . When you're on top, everyone wants to see you fall. You can google the Seattle PED issue if you want. I wonder if Aaron Rodgers is a cheater because he said he likes the ball over inflated.
The Aaron Rodgers thing is different.... He stated he likes to over inflate the balls prior to the referees checking the air pressures.... The Tom Brady incident is different because they are accused of letting air pressure out after the referees checked the balls air pressure.... If you cant see the differences here you truly are blinded by your love for the Pats as are many North-easterners.... Cheating is cheating, rules are in a place for a reason no matter how stupid the rule is....

menmiss

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree The rule is stupid, all I'm saying is that every quarterback likes a different feel of the ball and neither is an advantage. It's their personal preference as to which feel that like. Brady didn't tell the equipment manager to under inflate the ball. He just knows Brady likes the ball on the softer side. I'm surprised anyone thinks it's a big deal and had anything to do with the outcome of the game. He could throw softballs, tennis balls, ping pong balls, or meatballs. The best QB and team won

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let's not forget Matt Cassel took the team over and had a 10-5 record.... Best quarterback? Questionable... Best system... Maybe....

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still go back to the NFL's sloppy ball handling is the real issue -- and I continue to be amazed it gets little to no discussion.

NBA, MLB, NHL - only officials handle the balls/pucks, not the teams, after they are deemed by the officials to be game-ready and to spec.

Easy solution.

menmiss

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
menmiss You're better than that pauly. Don't you remember that was the only season the Patriots missed the playoffs since Brady was on the team. Would you also say that Joe Montana was a product of a system since he was part of Bill Walsh West coast offense? How about belichik was 10 games under 500 as a coach without Brady. Hmmmm. Do some research
Today at 4:28 PMEditDeleteReport
Comment

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They missed the playoffs going 11-5....Hardly a bad year....What has Matt Cassel done since? Tom Brady has made the playoffs 3 times with a record worse than 11-5.... I''d hate to see Peyton Manning in that offense......

Last edited:

menmiss

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I honestly like the debate , but you're starting to lose any credibility as someone who knows football. You're trying to diminish Brady (the greatest of all time) . Too bad we're doing this on the computer instead of at a sandbar with a cold beer!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why are they negotiating a deal? They claim the didn't do anything.
More of Roger Goodell's genius leadership on display. /sarcasm

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LOL ........... Please don't shoot "the messenger" ........... LOL !