• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seen this on the Chap website

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
circling around for sure, but people that don't know to look for that in the picture will go buy one then be upset

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to the Dallas boat show last weekend and we were looking at the Chap jet boats and didn't mention that I was a Yamaha owner or anything related to Yamaha and the first thing the Chap salesman says is "Let me show you some of the features that make us better than Yamaha". It made me kind of laugh how they are comparing their boats to Yamaha and no other boat manufacturers. I see they are comparing themselves to Yamaha on the website too.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am buy no means bashing the boat and I could care less if they compare it to a Yamaha or not. I just see a potential for another brand to put the wake wedge on. :D We can fix this circle nonsense and pump up the wave with some ballast!! Think I need to find my nearest Chap dealer and have a look. :snaphappy::snaphappy:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am buy no means bashing the boat and I could care less if they compare it to a Yamaha or not. I just see a potential for another brand to put the wake wedge on. :D We can fix this circle nonsense and pump up the wave with some ballast!! Think I need to find my nearest Chap dealer and have a look. :snaphappy::snaphappy:
Now, that's thinking with your dipstick @jcyamaharider !!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It is, I looked it up. Road trip!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went to the Dallas boat show last weekend and we were looking at the Chap jet boats and didn't mention that I was a Yamaha owner or anything related to Yamaha and the first thing the Chap salesman says is "Let me show you some of the features that make us better than Yamaha". It made me kind of laugh how they are comparing their boats to Yamaha and no other boat manufacturers. I see they are comparing themselves to Yamaha on the website too.
Just a little FYI ............
Yamaha OWNS the 21 to 24 foot boat market.
Yes... They sell everything they can manufacture.
Yes ..... Dealers are "allocated" inventory (other than that, they haveta trade with other Yamaha dealers to get inventory if they sell overly successfully)
Yes ...... But for all of the complaints we jet boat owners used to haveta listen to ........
NOW ........... And for several, several years, Yamaha has become the UNDISPUTED SALES LEADER in this marketplace.
Yes ....... Their SKEETER line may be 2nd in terms of sales to Ranger ......
But here .......... Yamaha reigns KING !
And now, y'all can rest a little easier tonight knowing YOU purchased the BEST SELLING BOAT is your category ! :thumbsup: :winkingthumbsup" [flag]

So, does that explain why Chaparral is taking on Yamaha so seriously ? Now if they could get their dealers (who ARE NOT!) on board with this thinking.
Best Wishes to all ........ Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length