• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another beauty! 14590382097121089793109.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfect! You're all set if you're taking a cruise up shits creek!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfect! You're all set if you're taking a cruise up shits creek!
Our paddle says "Shit crick paddle" on it in dark black permanent marker. I figured the only time we would ever really need it is if we are "Up shit crick!"

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy Easter everyone! I decided I'd get out early and do some garage boating this morning. Listened to some tunes, wrote some emails and just enjoyed looking at my seadek. I adjusted my newly repaired captains chair (so much better with everything greased) and just hung out. Hung out in the bow, laid back in the stern seats, sat on the swim deck. Nice morning and I was back in time to make the kids breakfast, only to answer questions of what I was doing in the garage making motorboat sounds...hope everyone enjoys their weekend. 20160327_111607.jpg

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy Easter everyone! I decided I'd get out early and do some garage boating this morning. Listened to some tunes, wrote some emails and just enjoyed looking at my seadek. I adjusted my newly repaired captains chair (so much better with everything greased) and just hung out. Hung out in the bow, laid back in the stern seats, sat on the swim deck. Nice morning and I was back in time to make the kids breakfast, only to answer questions of what I was doing in the garage making motorboat sounds...hope everyone enjoys their weekend. View attachment 34825
@njmr2fan What was the problem with your captain's seat?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good day to fold the lounge seats out and do some feeshing!

IMG_20160327_140801.jpg

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I only got in one ski trip this year but it was a good one, Easter skiing in Whitefish Montana with my son, had the place to ourselves!
image.jpeg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good for you! Ive gotten in NO mountain time in the past 2 years....:(

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ordered Friday night and delivered Easter Sunday. I love Amazon!
View attachment 34886
Will Hot Sauce help with a little bit of oxidation I have going on? I see it says Sealant. I've used McGuires High Gloss and Pure Wax over the oxidation but it still comes back within days.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will Hot Sauce help with a little bit of oxidation I have going on? I see it says Sealant. I've used McGuires High Gloss and Pure Wax over the oxidation but it still comes back within days.
No. Some waxes and sealants will hide your oxidation because they contain an oil but this is not the cure, its only a very short term cover up. You will need to sand that oxidation off, either by wet sanding or mechanical buffing with an appropriate compound.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a combo that I've used so successfully on boat detailing that it's worked it's way onto my (and others) cars.
1. Wash with dawn dish detergent to remove all wax.
2. Wipe with Isopropyl alcohol
3. Polish with a dual action or "random orbital" polisher set to speed 4-5 with Duragloss 501. Polish out the oxidation wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
4. Apply Duragloss 105 polish over the top at a speed of 3. Wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
I then go the extra yard by applying Colinite845 insulating wax. On the boat it wears off after 3 months. On my vehicles I easily get 12 with beading comparable to only the best nano sealants like CQuartz.20160330_114722.jpg20160330_114613.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There's a guy over this way that is REALLY good....He cleaned up my 05 twice. The Red was brutal for oxidation. Let me know if you're interested. It probably wouldn't be too bad of a tow, he's up 231 so you could just shoot over on highway 20.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @Big Shasta . Planning to hit Cape San Blas again this year. We'll see where I'm at with this when we go through there.