• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Talk to me about Buffalo, NY

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Small-ish update.

Been commuting to Buffalo since January now. I'm ready for that part of my existence to be over. 7.5hr drive, or a 7-8hr flight (1 connection min, and 45min bookends between airport and home). Not to mention the boys are getting tired of facetiming me every night. I, seriously, don't know how people maintain long distance relationships. This shit is hard!

On the good side though.......Indiana house hits the market on Monday. Just confirmed the movers for June 3rd. Also, had the family up here for Spring Break week. Toured the boys school, wife got to look around the community some. Entire family seems pretty upbeat about the move in general, so that's a good thing.

Still have to get the boat and pickup truck up here. Figure I'll make a drive one way a few times, and bring those up 'piece meal'. Truck will come up loaded with garage stuff like the workbench, and jack stands, and that kind of crap. Suppose I could tow the boat up with it when I come. Not sure the old girl would like 8hrs with that kind of load, but I might consider it.

Talked to an accountant about the home sale. Guess you don't have to pay taxes on the gains if you lived there for more than 2yrs, and it's less than $500k. SO.....good chance we're going to take that cash and pay off a crap load of stuff. Should make the transition to a single income a little easier on us.

Feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel now, just hoping it's not an oncoming train!
Just remember, life is a marathon not a sprint. Hopefully when this long distance stuff is done it brings your family even closer than it was before Buffalo.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just remember, life is a marathon not a sprint. Hopefully when this long distance stuff is done it brings your family even closer than it was before Buffalo.
agreed...I've been through a few of those staggered family moves. If the move is for the right reasons, it's worth the short term pain.