• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Train Horns for Boats

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Saw this add from the FB Chaparral Group. You can purchase a train horn and replace the wimpy one that come with most boats. THought it would be hilarious and loud and had to get one. On sale for 1/2 price. Check it out here.

1617215433191.png

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not a train horn, but def looks like an upgrade.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I only purchased one but, the more you buy the louder it get. May need more, we'll see.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just purchased mine. Thanks for sharing!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You just gave me an idea @Dean P. I’ve got an air horn from a truck I can(need) to install to replace the POS horn that came with the boat. Just need a small compressor.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will like to get one but will it fit in the place of the factor horn on my 240?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I will like to get one but will it fit in the place of the factor horn on my 240?
I have no idea. I don't know if it'll fit on mine!!! But, I'll make it fit, somehow. And, if it's not loud enough I'll buy another. The standard horn on these boats are ridiculous; almost embarrassing.

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All, I bought this horn from an Instagram ad. It's junk and does NOT sound like a train. Sounds like a regular car horn. I bought it for my Jeep a few months ago and was very disappointed in it. Buyer beware. Thanks and sorry.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm always looking for improvement in this area. I have a long horn hidden under the driver's console, which is aimed at a new hole just for it, and a compact air horn where the OEM one used to do. It sounds OK, but it's not awesome.

I have not found the beast I am looking for. Please post any good experience with a horn that has reasonable size.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have tried a few horns from pep boys over the years. None are plug and play replacements to the factory horn meaning I had to fabricate or modify/bend the oem mount to adapt to the aftermarket horn. The goal being to locate the mouth of the horn as close to the hull as possible and of course face it towards the horn vent / grill.

If you don’t position the horn correctly most of its sound will fill the helm compartment instead of escape hull. If the aftermarket horn is positoned correctly / the mouth is flush with the hull / vent the horn will be more prone to getting water in it, which is why i have had several horns (they work great when positioned correctly but doing so will shorten their useful lives. Notice that the stock horn is designed so the water cannot go straight into it.

This thread has me considering upgrading my current horn again. Maybe to the big bad max or one of the other horns pictured, although I have not figured out how to mount the longer dual air horns yet. These are a lot more expensive than the factory horn but “cheap yet effective boat upgrade” is a seldom made statement.
AEB46624-F25F-4DE1-B5AD-6B85CE94B409.png
0BD73F25-5C47-4271-9C19-338247AAA17B.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
All, I bought this horn from an Instagram ad. It's junk and does NOT sound like a train. Sounds like a regular car horn. I bought it for my Jeep a few months ago and was very disappointed in it. Buyer beware. Thanks and sorry.
Figured it might be to good to be true. Oh well, only out 20 bucks. :( Few less drinks at dinner...

Received an email this morning stating it shipped. I'll report back when I get it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have tried a few horns from pep boys over the years. None are plug and play replacements to the factory horn meaning I had to fabricate or modify/bend the oem mount to adapt to the aftermarket horn. The goal being to locate the mouth of the horn as close to the hull as possible and of course face it towards the horn vent / grill.

If you don’t position the horn correctly most of its sound will fill the helm compartment instead of escape hull. If the aftermarket horn is positoned correctly / the mouth is flush with the hull / vent the horn will be more prone to getting water in it, which is why i have had several horns (they work great when positioned correctly but doing so will shorten their useful lives. Notice that the stock horn is designed so the water cannot go straight into it.

This thread has me considering upgrading my current horn again. Maybe to the big bad max or one of the other horns pictured, although I have not figured out how to mount the longer dual air horns yet. These are a lot more expensive than the factory horn but “cheap yet effective boat upgrade” is a seldom made statement.
View attachment 145722
View attachment 145723
Maybe mount it to the tower??? One could fabricate a cover to protect it similar to grille speaker covers. 🤔

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe mount it to the tower??? One could fabricate a cover to protect it similar to grille speaker covers. 🤔
I don’t use the horn much and don’t like the way they look so I will keep it concealed in the factory location. Looks like I will wait until the current horn fails before I replace it. No need to fix what’s not broken especially when there are plenty of broken things to fix or replace already.