• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgraded Steering Linkage Bolts

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Ok. Wait no more. Here is the final setup. The bolts are 18-8 stainless. M6 is not available in 303 stainless. So hopefully they'll stand up to salt water. If you keep them lubed, I don't see an issue.
Do you have part numbers for the correct hardware?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Attachments

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Question, where did you obtain the bushing from? Is there a source or part number for them. I am also tired of the play in the wheel.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nevermind. I just found it and ordered a set.

sailorkane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
316 stainless is the better marine salt water grade. Mcmaster 90269A552 is M6-25 with .08 (coarse thread). 90269A564 is fine thread. Super expensive in black oxide, though. 90269A548 fine in regular finish. 90269A145 regular finish coarse thread. Still super expensive. Allen head. I wouldn't worry about the 18-8 (analogous to 304) though--it should be fine going in and out of the water. Its air that gives the stainless its rust fighting capabilities.

Last edited:

Southside

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for posting this info. Just ordered a set of screws and bushing, appreciate it!