• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'04 AR210 starter idler grease line and fitting

CFink

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any info on the grease fitting that connects the feed hose to the crank case for the starter motor idler gear? More specifically how to remove it to replace it? Also will I need to bleed the system? Thanks

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the fittings are lightly pressed in on the stator cover... I removed the hose and and tapped to a metric zerk fitting... I also use standard metric grease fittings on the mid bearing housing... I suggest getting a service manual... I used my 135's 250-300 hours a year and one pump on the starter every year was fine... never any issue... if you use the hoses the grease tends to harden up inside if neglected and the hoses need to be clean. leave the case end unplugged while you fill the clean hose with grease then attach and follow the MFG's recommendation.

CFink

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome thank you for the info! And I went ahead and paid for the ebook version of the service manual and I may have missed it, but I couldn't seem to find anything about it. Is there a special tool to pull that fitting out or will some vice grips work?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you want to use the hoses and the remote zerk fittings don't pullout the fittings from the case just take the hose off and clean it out and make sure the fitting is clear of hardened grease

CFink

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I think I got it figured out. Thank you, you don't know how much I appreciate the help. So just so I'm clear and in case anyone else who may read this has a full understanding of what's going on here as well, what you were explaining in your original response is that you replaced the original drive-in or press-in type grease fitting that 90° to a hose barb fitting on the case with a regular metric threaded zerk by way of cutting threads into the existing hole thus eliminating the remote feed supply hose... Correct? Then you went on to explain that the hose really isn't necessary because it's one of those "gems" of Yamaha engineering that you encounter every now and then lol since marine grade grease pretty much only flows through ¼" I.D. hose when there's a grease gun behind it and the gear uses very little to maintain itself anyways. Thanks again and I hope this helps others as well!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I think I got it figured out. Thank you, you don't know how much I appreciate the help. So just so I'm clear and in case anyone else who may read this has a full understanding of what's going on here as well, what you were explaining in your original response is that you replaced the original drive-in or press-in type grease fitting that 90° to a hose barb fitting on the case with a regular metric threaded zerk by way of cutting threads into the existing hole thus eliminating the remote feed supply hose... Correct? Then you went on to explain that the hose really isn't necessary because it's one of those "gems" of Yamaha engineering that you encounter every now and then lol since marine grade grease pretty much only flows through ¼" I.D. hose when there's a grease gun behind it and the gear uses very little to maintain itself anyways. Thanks again and I hope this helps others as well!
Yes, That is the unabridged version :)