• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 Yamaha 242 HU Speaker Channels

outprovideo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, I didn't find this anywhere else on the forum here goes. Im installing a JL Audio 5 channel amp and wanted to utilize as much of the existing speaker wiring as possible, cut it from the HU and run it into the amp. Ill run new wire for the sub and towers eventually however upon looking at the factory head unit I noticed theres only 4 speakers wired to it, labeled as 2 front and 2 rear. Now theres six 6.5" mids plus the two tower tweeters, 8 total, what gives? I can only assume there are splices somewhere and some are joined into the same channel. My question is does anyone know how they are wired? Maybe the swim platform and the rears are together and the front and the tweeters are together?
Thanks
Steve
2011 242 Limited S

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The two cockpit and two swim deck speakers are wired together in series from what I’ve read.