• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 ls stereo

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
has anyone put an amp in the new boats with connext?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Not that I have heard yet. Mine should be here next month and installed shortly after.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, but it will be done in the Spring.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@dancathy any pictures off your install? Here is one of mine mostly finished.
20150105_123202.jpg

Here is another we did on the AR240 we put in the show.
20150126_102726.jpeg

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I posted some pics back in the show off your Christmas presents thead. Nice clean looking install you have there.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@dancathy , Hi ! Good news ! Adding an amp to your boat is "almost" as "standard" and easy as it is for most other installations.

First, let me explain why @Williamsone46 's installation came out so easy. He used the Yamaha JL Audio amp upgrade kit, referred to as a "SlamPack."
What the SlamPack provides is EVERYTHING you need, amplifier(s), mounting, cabling, etc, AND that special "adapter" cable that take care of the speaker wires and plug. So all you do is disconnect the cabling from the speakers and then run the speakers over to and from the new amp.

How do you "get around" this and not purchase this Yamaha "kit" ?

You simply cut and splice the speaker wires before the plug and run new additional (length) cabling over to where your amp is installed.

It helps to have a wiring diagram. I have a Yamaha Wiring diagram (adobe .pdf file) for a 2015 242 audio system. I however warn you that because of its (smaller) size, it is difficult to read. I have been unable to edit it to make it larger and easier to read.

Please let me know if I can do more to help you. But know 1 thing: The "Wiring" part you may be concerned about is NOT a big deal. Not at all.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How do you "get around" this and not purchase this relatively expensive Yamaha "kit" (Relative in terms of excellent alternative choices you can make yourself) ?
Expensive? I priced it a couple ways and I couldn't have put together a quality kit for the same money, no way! Not to mention after seeing the quality of JL I will never own anything else!

These JL slampak's are not just kits that Yamaha pieced together to sell. JL makes these kits specifically for each model and they've installed them and tuned them. These kits come with everything you need.

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with everything you wrote. The Yamaha slampacks are good.
But I feel there are other alternatives available, at least for me. And how I wished to proceed.
I just wanted to let people know that they were not "locked in" to purchasing a SlamPack to add an external amplifier to a 2015 24 foot boat.

I editted my post above to reflect your excellent comments.
Is that better worded, perhaps ?

Oh ! ANd I also agree that for us, Barbie & I love our JL amplifier and speakers - Simply INCREDIBLE - especially when compared to the competition. Yet, at the same time, I installed a Rockford-Fosgate subwoofer and Class D amplifier (for the s/w). Lots of ways to skin a cat, as they say.

Last edited: