• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Chaparral 223 VR

MJgolfer25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hey Folks! New to the board and looking for some info. Thinking of purchasing this boat which has twin rotax 150’s. During the test ride we only reached 27mph at 5900 RPM’s. Engines only have 39 hours and boat was barely used. Drove smooth, no vibrations or anything unusual. My initial thought is only 27mph, with 300hp shouldn’t it at least hit 30+mph? Can’t find any other posts about top speed or issues on anything but the supercharged motors. Anyone have experience with this model who can help? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Sidarousmg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I'm fairly certain the 150s should be hitting 7.000 RPM and top speed should be close to 40mph. it could be that it needs new plugs, especially if it has been sitting for a while and fogged for winter. maybe an issue with the throttle cable position, not actually engaging full throttle.

MJgolfer25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I'm fairly certain the 150s should be hitting 7.000 RPM and top speed should be close to 40mph. it could be that it needs new plugs, especially if it has been sitting for a while and fogged for winter. maybe an issue with the throttle cable position, not actually engaging full throttle.
Appreciate the info. 👍🏼

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Was the hull clean? Was the trailer still attached?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What elevation are you boating at?

Would the boat run at higher than 5900 rpms or did you limit this?

Jim

MJgolfer25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I’m in Nashville, TN. shouldn’t be an issue. I was on a test drive and had the throttle all the way down. Thinking maybe plugs or I know there some limiters on the display Dock, Ski, etc. didn’t get a chance to play around with those.

MJgolfer25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
So after another test run we found an engine code. Anyone familiar with this particular code? After googling, says engine is in Limp mode. We’ve unhooked batteries for a few minutes trying to possible reset, did not work.any ideas besides trip to dealer?

1709505258401.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Join up with this FB group. Lots of owners there.