• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Shorelander Trailer Recall Fenders

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got replacement fenders from Shorelander due to the recall on the brackets.

I got the following (see picture) along with the 4 bolts and lights with the new fenders.

My question is - what do the brackets in the middle of the new fenders connect to?

Attachments

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You will unscrew them from the new fender as they just there for shipping purposes. The bracket replaces the current bracket that’s connecting the existing fender to the trailer.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I got replacement fenders from Shorelander due to the recall on the brackets.

I got the following (see picture) along with the 4 bolts and lights with the new fenders.

My question is - what do the brackets in the middle of the new fenders connect to?
How did you become aware of this? I have a 2016 trailer but have gotten no recall notice!

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you become aware of this? I have a 2016 trailer but have gotten no recall notice!
From the forum here after both my previous brackets broke off the leaf spring attachment point. I emailed Shorelander and they confirmed the recall and sent replacements to my dealer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From the forum here after both my previous brackets broke off the leaf spring attachment point. I emailed Shorelander and they confirmed the recall and sent replacements to my dealer.
Please post the shorelander contact number/email address. I have a 2017 trailer that I got used so don’t have a dealer to work with, at least not one that sold me the trailer.

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will unscrew them from the new fender as they just there for shipping purposes. The bracket replaces the current bracket that’s connecting the existing fender to the trailer.
Thanks! I thought that may be the case. That said, I'm still missing something. Not seeing what these bolt into. It also didn't come with any new bolts (no drama, but all the others were included).

Gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's pics of what mine look like on my 2014 that carries my 242 LS. Both sides the diamond plate is cracking and support bracket is cracked. I emailed them too.

Attachments

Gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shorelandr just communicated with my dealer and said fenders are being built and will ship in a few weeks. I thought maybe I would do myself....looks as simple as put a jack under where leafs bolt to frame and few jackstands under frame, pump up leafs a tiny to take weight off big bolt?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shorelandr just communicated with my dealer and said fenders are being built and will ship in a few weeks. I thought maybe I would do myself....looks as simple as put a jack under where leafs bolt to frame and few jackstands under frame, pump up leafs a tiny to take weight off big bolt?
I heard the same thing. That is, forward the email to the dealer confirm that they got it and will order the fenders, wait to 2 to 5 weeks and the dealer will tell me when I can have them installed. I would rather take delivery directly and wrench them off and on myself but overall a great experience so far.

Last edited:

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Gary

Hey bud, My 242LS trailer looks exactly the same... I remember someone posting a recall on them a while ago but couldn't find any info in Shorelander website.

Who did you contact? I'll run out and take some pix of mine as well if thats what they need.

Thanks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Gary

Hey bud, My 242LS trailer looks exactly the same... I remember someone posting a recall on them a while ago but couldn't find any info in Shorelander website.

Who did you contact? I'll run out and take some pix of mine as well if thats what they need.

Thanks
The contact information is above but here is a screen shot for ease of reference. I wrote to Michelle but someone named Nick responded to me.
4242BEBC-4ED3-4E93-A097-285A84502E8E.png

Last edited:

Gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Gary

Thanks

^^^^^
What Ronnie said...only difference is I spoke with Nick Rader and his contact info is :

Nicholas Rader
CUSTOMER SERVICE
nrader@midwestindustries.com
122 E. State Hwy. 175 · Ida Grove, IA 51445
T 712.364.3365 ext. 265
TF 800.859.3028

FYI....there phone system was screwed up and couldnt leave a message on his ext. So I emailed him and he always responded within a day.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI only - I was asked by Nick at shorelander to send in pics of the side of the trailer, the mounts under each fender, the ID sticker and bill of sale. I sent in a copy of the registration instead of a bill of sale.

Last edited:

Gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have any info on the recall itself? I am having the same issue

c
Just contact peeps at midwest. They will ask for some pics and proof of ownership!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My local power sports dealer called and told me the parts are in and that I need to bring the trailer in to have them installed or take possession before the end of the year or they would be returned to shorelander, I chose the latter. IMG_4365.jpegIMG_4364.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My local power sports dealer called and told me the parts are in and that I need to bring the trailer in to have them installed or take possession before the end of the year or they would be returned to shorelander, I chose the latter. View attachment 212655View attachment 212656
I still have my new set in my basement, havent needed them yet. My original ones are still good