• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR 210 check engine YDIS code 23 OBDS Code SPN 105

rrshepard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

I hoping somebody can help with this. Didn't have this issue when I put away for the winter here in Michigan but of course got it out for the holiday weekend and getting the code 23 which I have read is incorrect intake air temp signal. So first question can I run it with this issue..will it cause any damage and second any idea what I can try to fix it without taking it to the dealer as that could take all summer and MI summers are short to begin with.

Thx for the help in advance...

Ryan

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First you need to determine what engine this error is coming from. Then if you have access to the service/shop manual, this should show you the procedure for testing the intake temp sensor. You could also try swapping the sensors from one engine to the other and seeing if the issue persist or follows. On my older MR-1 motor, this sensor is really easy to access and is held in place with 2 Philips screws.

rrshepard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the response. It's the Port side that is giving the error. I am just hoping somebody knows if you can run the boat with the issue without further issue as I certainly don't want to cause engine damage and want to be able to use the boat until I can figure it out. Any idea who might have access to a shop manual to see where the part is located or a picture of it so I can try and locate then I can swap or buy a part and try that first. Be much better than taking out of water and trying to find somebody quickly to look at it. thx all

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wish I could offer more help/guidance, but I am not overly familiar with your motor (TR-1). Here is a link to the sx210 for 2017, I didn’t see the AR listed, but the engines are the same

Might want to search the web to see what the consensus is on what sensor would correspond with the intake temp error that you are seeing.

From looking at the schematic, I didn’t see a listing for an intake sensor, as the MR1 motor has.