• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Scarab 165 Ghost Flush Ports

tmashburn1967

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
We just purchased a 2017 Scarab and for the most part, I am figuring everything out on my own. But, for the life of me I cannot find the flush port since we are in saltwater only this seems extra important. Can anyone elaborate in detail. Some have tried to describe its location and it didn’t help.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
1688999727490.png

Proper order:

1. Engine on.
2. Water pressure on.
3. Water pressure off.
4. Engine off.

No need to run it long. 20 sec should be enough. The official number is to NEVER run above 2 min. Almost all of us never run above 60 sec. You can damage the drive line seal (carbon ring) if you don't follow this rule.

tmashburn1967

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
View attachment 203776

Proper order:

1. Engine on.
2. Water pressure on.
3. Water pressure off.
4. Engine off.

No need to run it long. 20 sec should be enough. The official number is to NEVER run above 2 min. Almost all of us never run above 60 sec. You can damage the drive line seal (carbon ring) if you don't follow this rule.
I am assuming this picture is in the engine compartment, someone sent me a similar photo and I could not match it up to find it.
I am 100% sure that it is right in front of my face.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
lol It's on the left of the jet nozzle. NOT in the engine compartment. Look upper-left of your jet nozzle under the stern of the boat.

May I make a recommendation? You should go and read the manuals. I'll post two links here.. one sec.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Since you're a new newbie... please note that if for some reason you feel the need to remove the intake grate under the boat to access/remove debris/rope, etc. Do NOT remove the intake grate. It is NOT removable. I know the bolt heads look highly tempting, but you will cause a leak that is very hard to fix. The correct way to access this is through the stern of the boat. It's a pretty easy job. When/if the time comes, ask for guidance. But do not try to remove the intake grate under the boat.