• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242X Bimini Alternative

Skibum_69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have not seen it done yet but I’m looking to remove the monstrosity on my wakeboard tower that is the Bimini frame. Has anyone every seen one of these boats with an altered Bimini? At first I really liked it. However, boating on a windy lake makes it act more like a sail. So most the time we leave the Bimini off and it really makes the boat look unattractive. I’m considering designing a fold out Bimini the will utilize the existing mounts. Has this been done already to anyones knowledge and if so, any pictures?

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got a 2010 242 Limited S, with the factory fold out bimini. Wish I had what you do. Anything that is made to open/close eventually gets worn, loosened, and requires maintenance/adjustment/repair sooner than something that is rigid. Not to mention creates wear areas on the bimini fabric in places. Your choice, but I wouldn't do that.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have cobra fins by chance by @Cobra Jet Steering LLC ? It helps tremendously in windy conditions for docking and maneuverability. I have the same boat and love the big Bimini looks super slick and really nice shade for people that want to get out of sun or rain when caught in a storm. My old boat had a Bimini and I agree they wear out faster hardly have any coverage and the frames seem much more fragile.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have cobra fins by chance by @Cobra Jet Steering LLC ? It helps tremendously in windy conditions for docking and maneuverability. I have the same boat and love the big Bimini looks super slick and really nice shade for people that want to get out of sun or rain when caught in a storm. My old boat had a Bimini and I agree they wear out faster hardly have any coverage and the frames seem much more fragile.
Good point on coverage