• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 212s Connext issues

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The navigation screen sometimes turns white and I’ll need to turn the ignition off/on to fix it. Last time out after turning off the ignition and back on the 7 inch screen remained blank with no bootup screen. I had to turn the battery switch off and back on to fix.

My dealer installed a starter battery as the house and I’m thinking of swapping the house battery for a deep cycle Agm to see if this could be the issue. The start battery would be group 24 and the house a 27. Any issues with this setup? My dealer is 1.5 hrs away so I rather troubleshoot it first.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The navigation screen sometimes turns white and I’ll need to turn the ignition off/on to fix it. Last time out after turning off the ignition and back on the 7 inch screen remained blank with no bootup screen. I had to turn the battery switch off and back on to fix.

My dealer installed a starter battery as the house and I’m thinking of swapping the house battery for a deep cycle Agm to see if this could be the issue. The start battery would be group 24 and the house a 27. Any issues with this setup? My dealer is 1.5 hrs away so I rather troubleshoot it first.
When the screen blanks out and turns white, are the engines running, or is this an on battery only issue?

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
When the screen blanks out and turns white, are the engines running, or is this an on battery only issue?
Engine is running. The navigation map initially works but the map portion of the navigation screen turns white when I try to zoom in our out. All other screens work. I couldn’t find any post about this and it happens about 1/3 of the times I’ve been out.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get it replaced under warranty. I ran a the house start battery the boat came with for four years. I think the issues are with their screens, I had mine replaced last year.

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I may have found the problem. This ground wire from the starter battery was not connected. I’m guessing it goes to the house battery. If that’s right I’ll connect and see if it fixes the issue.

4AED7059-87F8-4174-AFA6-EB9E2178685E.jpeg

Last edited:

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did that fox the problem?
I was still getting the white navigation map so I’ll have to bring it in for warranty service before it expires this October.