• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR195 Audio Upgrade questions/opinions

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can some smart human explain to me how RCA input changes voltage?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No clue how rca cables would control voltage at all, but hey if it works it works right. That's all that matters.

You could try a Rca distribution block instead of Y splitters (if you were using Y's). They make them in 1in-4out

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No clue how rca cables would control voltage at all, but hey if it works it works right. That's all that matters.

You could try a Rca distribution block instead of Y splitters (if you were using Y's). They make them in 1in-4out
Yea I wouldn’t have thought that was a concern, and don’t really understand how, but definitely had an effect. What HU are you running, how many outputs does it have?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yea I wouldn’t have thought that was a concern, and don’t really understand how, but definitely had an effect. What HU are you running, how many outputs does it have?
I have the stock Fusion 70nsx that came with my boat. It has 3 rca outputs. Zone 1, Zone 2, and subwoofer. All controllable individually for volume. So cabin can be full volume with sub, but towers can be off.

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the stock Fusion 70nsx that came with my boat. It has 3 rca outputs. Zone 1, Zone 2, and subwoofer. All controllable individually for volume. So cabin can be full volume with sub, but towers can be off.
Gotcha, so you are running quite a few splitters then as well, correct?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha, so you are running quite a few splitters then as well, correct?
Nah no splitters at all. Zone 1 goes to syndx6 ch1&2 (bow cabin speakers) ch3&4(stern cabin speakers) get their input from ch1&2 (wetsounds amp feature). Sub output goes to ch5&6 on amp. Zone 2 goes to other syndx6 amp ch1&2 for left tower, and ch3&4 get input from ch1&2 for right tower.
One rca input can control 4 channels on wetsounds syndx6 amp. So I just have 3 rca outputs from head unit to amps. No splitters needed

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah no splitters at all. Zone 1 goes to syndx6 ch1&2 (bow cabin speakers) ch3&4(stern cabin speakers) get their input from ch1&2 (wetsounds amp feature). Sub output goes to ch5&6 on amp. Zone 2 goes to other syndx6 amp ch1&2 for left tower, and ch3&4 get input from ch1&2 for right tower.
One rca input can control 4 channels on wetsounds syndx6 amp. So I just have 3 rca outputs from head unit to amps. No splitters needed
Gotcha, just to clarify you have 3 RCA outputs put each output has 2, a left and right, so 6 total RCA plugs from your HU…yes?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha, just to clarify you have 3 RCA outputs put each output has 2, a left and right, so 6 total RCA plugs from your HU…yes?
That is correct. All rca outputs are white and red. So 3 outputs with 6 total wires

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is correct. All rca outputs are white and red. So 3 outputs with 6 total wires
Gotcha…yea my HU just has 1 RCA output (2 total wires) so I’m having to run a bunch of splitters as you can imagine. Even going to amp like you have would require splitters, seems like changing out HU probably needs to be next step.

Dumb question while I got you, an amp should be putting out max voltage from the start right? Not like there’s a magic switch for ohms and more power from the amp, that is just dictated by how you wire the speakers for the impedance? My question being, so my 4 channel SKAR amp says 250 watts x 4 channels @2ohms or 150 watts x 4 channels @4ohms. So voltage max would be about 31.6 at 2ohm but a 4 ohm setup 24.4, so theoretically with no speakers hooked up and gain all the way up is should be well past 24.4 and pushing 30+, correct?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha…yea my HU just has 1 RCA output (2 total wires) so I’m having to run a bunch of splitters as you can imagine. Even going to amp like you have would require splitters, seems like changing out HU probably needs to be next step.

Dumb question while I got you, an amp should be putting out max voltage from the start right? Not like there’s a magic switch for ohms and more power from the amp, that is just dictated by how you wire the speakers for the impedance? My question being, so my 4 channel SKAR amp says 250 watts x 4 channels @2ohms or 150 watts x 4 channels @4ohms. So voltage max would be about 31.6 at 2ohm but a 4 ohm setup 24.4, so theoretically with no speakers hooked up and gain all the way up is should be well past 24.4 and pushing 30+, correct?

You are correct. Alot of amp manufacturers inflate their numbers though. So whether or not you're amps are correct voltage I can't answer.

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are correct. Alot of amp manufacturers inflate their numbers though. So whether or not you're amps are correct voltage I can't answer.
Yea I get that part, just wanted to make sure I had proper grasp there…considering the voltage jump with/without splitters and then same amp changing voltage with/without splitters I know that there’s a loss occurring in those splits…unfortunately no way to address that for sure without a different HU.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick you tube search on skar amp dyno testing shows they don't over rate their amps. So you should get full power

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick you tube search on skar amp dyno testing shows they don't over rate their amps. So you should get full power
Now the search for a head unit that fits in same spot begins lol…and ideally enough outputs to plug and play, but not sure that’s possible.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Plenty of head units out there for that no problem

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tuned my amps today. Interestingly initially I was getting very low voltage. Turns out my multimeter leads were not well seated into the amp terminals.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not sure if it's wetsounds specific or not, but I've only ever seen it on wetsounds amps. On the syndx6 it only has 2 sets of rca inputs, but it's a 6 channel amp (yes it's normal for an amp to only have 1 set of inputs). Why having 2 sets is special...... zones. So zone 1 rca can plug into input 1 on amp and control ch1&2. Then the amp has a switch that asks ch3&4 signal from 1&2 or 5&6. So ch1&2 rca input can control ch3&4 as well. Then ch5&6(most powerful ch on syndx6) can be zone 2, or sub. This allows zone control (if your head unit does zones). So zone 1(cabin) can be turned up or down separate from zone 2(towers),or vice versa. Lastly the sub as well can be controlled separately from other zones if your head unit allows it.

Last edited:

nonissan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm not sure if it's wetsounds specific or not, but I've only ever seen it on wetsounds amps. On the syndx6 it only has 2 sets of rca inputs, but it's a 6 channel amp (yes it's normal for an amp to only have 1 set of inputs). Why having 2 sets is special...... zones. So zone 1 rca can plug into input 1 on amp and control ch1&2. Then the amp has a switch that asks ch3&4 signal from 1&2 or 5&6. So ch1&2 rca input can control ch3&4 as well. Then ch5&6(most powerful ch on syndx6) can be zone 2, or sub. This allows zone control (if your head unit does zones). So zone 1(cabin) can be turned up or down separate from zone 2(towers),or vice versa. Lastly the sub as well can be controlled separately from other zones if your head unit allows it.
Awesome. Thx