• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha 210 FSH SP Pre-Rigged wiring for trolling motor from the factory

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2022 Yamaha 210 FSH SP. I was told during the sales process (I could be wrong though) that this model comes pre-rigged with wires for the trolling motor from the factory. After purchasing my trolling motor and asking the dealer to install it, I am now being told that it is not pre-rigged, so the original quote for the trolling motor installation had to be revised upward to account for the additional labor involved in running the wires.
Who has purchased a similar Yamaha recently that can tell me if their boat came pre-wired or not. This could be as simple as the sales rep being misinformed or it could be an actual bait-and-switch.

Did your Yamaha come re-rigged with wires for the trolling motor?

Please share your thoughts.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As far as I know, they do not come pre-rigged with any wiring. Never heard of one having that from the factory. Dealer should of known this, or perhaps the sales guy was new.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picked up my '22 210 FSH Sport about two weeks ago. Definitely not prewired for a trolling motor.

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have found multiple sources (Boat test.com) among others that previous models of the 210 came pre-rigged as recently as 2019. I wonder when they actually sopped doing so. The sales rep was probably just not aware of the change.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone with a 2019/2020 confirm this? I also just saw this at BoatTest.com while looking for more info?

Also wouldn't it be tough to pre rig, not knowing how much current you are going to pull across the wires and were the batteries would be since that would determine wire guage for safety.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2020 and it didn't have jack from the factory except a flimsy aluminum mount that wasn't attached, predrilled, or anything.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2022 Yamaha 210 FSH SP. I was told during the sales process (I could be wrong though) that this model comes pre-rigged with wires for the trolling motor from the factory. After purchasing my trolling motor and asking the dealer to install it, I am now being told that it is not pre-rigged, so the original quote for the trolling motor installation had to be revised upward to account for the additional labor involved in running the wires.
Who has purchased a similar Yamaha recently that can tell me if their boat came pre-wired or not. This could be as simple as the sales rep being misinformed or it could be an actual bait-and-switch.

Did your Yamaha come re-rigged with wires for the trolling motor?

Please share your thoughts.
It isn't hard to wire your own in. If the dealer is charging a lot and you are good with tools or mechanical things, it is pretty straight forward.

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone with a 2019/2020 confirm this? I also just saw this at BoatTest.com while looking for more info?

Also wouldn't it be tough to pre rig, not knowing how much current you are going to pull across the wires and were the batteries would be since that would determine wire guage for safety.
No, not pre-rigged on the 2019, and the FSH never has come from the factory that way. You can rig it pretty easily yourself, happy to provide some tips if you need them.

MARTYS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone have a trolling motor mount for a 2018 fsh 210. Looking for dimensions going to have one fabricated of stainless steel