• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR250 Trailer Question

InTooDeep

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been out of the Yamaha game for a few years, but just bought a 2023 AR250 from a dealer in Alabama. I live in Las Vegas, but will be picking up the boat and taking it to Destin. Can someone confirm the ball size for the trailer? Also, can anyone recommend a good trailer lock for when the trailer is hooked to the truck? Thanks in advance for any help!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2" is the standard. Trailer lock depends on the connector, as Yamaha switched trailer MFG's over the years. A pin lock is your only real option, but the square ended hitches need a longer pin. Upon pick up, you can stop at any Walmart and pick one up easily.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is what I use on my 2022 trailer and fits with a little extra length. Not sure if your tongue width is wider than mine and beefed up, but I have had no problem with it.
Trimax SXTC3 Premium Stainless... Amazon.com

InTooDeep

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I use on my 2022 trailer and fits with a little extra length. Not sure if your tongue width is wider than mine and beefed up, but I have had no problem with it.
Trimax SXTC3 Premium Stainless... Amazon.com
Perfect, this is the same lock I use on my other boat trailer and I was hoping I could use the same one.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would also suggest a coupler lock as well, as you will eventually need to decouple the trailer from the TV.

I bought one of these a few months ago and am quite happy with it:

1699542308692.png

Jim

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have one of these when my boat is in storage. Along with the pin lock. Redundancy is never a bad thing.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perfect, this is the same lock I use on my other boat trailer and I was hoping I could use the same one.
Watch the length on those. I use a short version of those on my 2" trailer hitches with the latch on top. Some 2" ball hitches are square nosed and need the longer one shown in the Amazon link.