• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR250 Weight

OHJetBoater11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking at a AR250. The weight specs say it's 4021 pounds. I assume that is without gas/gear etc.?

I am trying to size the proper lift. I can buy one with a weight rating of 4200 pounds but concened with how close I am to the weight of the boat, even worst if the stated weight is dry.

Any insight? Thanks!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My advice would be get a lift for a possible heavier next boat. Why do it twice.
I never buy anything for the weight rating i plan on using it for. I want to make sure whatever it is it isn't even close to maxed out.
Why take a chance. Its a very expensive mistake if it fails

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking at a AR250. The weight specs say it's 4021 pounds. I assume that is without gas/gear etc.?

I am trying to size the proper lift. I can buy one with a weight rating of 4200 pounds but concened with how close I am to the weight of the boat, even worst if the stated weight is dry.

Any insight? Thanks!
4200 lbs is too light. A full tank will push you over that, which would be circa 450 lbs in fuel. Add Gear, other things, etc. Throw another battery in it, etc. You could press 5000lbs easy.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Any insight? Thanks!
And dont forget if you have a full load of people they have to be a factor in the weight also. They go up in the boat as well

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
could be pushing 7000lbs full of people.