• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Yamaha 255XD Advice

sback255XD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I bought my first boat in 2012, a new Seadoo 230 Wake HO, and have loved the boat for many years. It is in the shop getting its 100 hour service, and some freshening up, and according to the shop it will run and look new again, which is great. I put a contract on a 2023 Yamaha 255XD and am supposed to go complete the purchase next weekend, but after reading lots of posts on this and other forums, I have some concerns.

My boat runs like a top, and has been well cared for. I have been reading posts about electrical problems, steering problems, fit and finish and the like, and it has me wanting to ask you fine folks about your thoughts regarding the new boat? The Yamaha is a bit bigger, has more seating and better tech which all appeal to me, as well as the ability to wake surf, which I can kinda do on my boat now, but the Yamaha seems to make a bigger / better wake for that type of water sport.

On my boat I have an extra Ray Marine Axiom display with FLIR M232 Camera as our lake in Virginia (Claytor Lake) has some pretty dangerous areas in the pitch black, and I feel better operating at night when I can see like it is daylight, which is exactly what I would want to install on the new 255XD.

Could you please let me know how reliable the 255XD is, how big a deal is it that the nearest dealer is 2 hours away, general thoughts on the boat as well as if I would have any issues getting the same night operation equipment installed. I would also be installing the Cobra fins, already talked to them, and I would really appreciate your thoughts as I am just a little concerned about dropping 100K on a new boat when all I have ever owned is Seadoo/BRP equipment. Many thanks in advance.

Be O Be

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have the same boat bought had it the whole summer of last year. I never had any issues at all besides a recall. I have close to 80 hours on it and only have used it in the lake. I love the boat and can’t complain at all. This is my first boat too. I do all my own maintenance .. oil changes,plugs,greasing etc etc.

Tony Prwivo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have 2021 255xd. No problems at all fit and finish were good . Added thrust vectors not Sure if it was necessary, boat has plenty of room,power and for me the stereo has good sound. Highly recommend it.