• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x with a Fatsack 24’

Dornbox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Anyone know if a Fatsack 24 fits well on a 2019 Yamaha 212? Been digging around but didn’t see anything definitive. Thanks!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The answer is no. Gantlin Products designed each Fatsac bag to the swim decks dimensions. It's such a large bag that holds so much water so having the proper fit is important. The bag needs to be filled all the way to the point of swelling before it is stable.

Dornbox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
That was my fear but I read a positive review for the 24’ and the owner had a 212x. Thanks for your advice.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 24ft boats have larger step down. Not saying they didn't use it and it ended up being fine. There so many warranty issues with the bags because people don't fill them all the way. You leave any space in those bags and you give opportunity for water to move around. This causes the bag to start moving and they fall off the back. People think the handles or loops are there to hold the bag but that's false. The black bag is the 24ft and the gray is the 21ft.FB_IMG_1627238980846.jpg20200815_102111.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Let me reiterate the need to fill those things up until they are hard as a rock and are bulging. Reason? If the water is allowed to slosh in the bag at all, there's a real chance it will slosh on takeoff, ripping the handles and putting the bag into the water. Ask me how I know this happens...

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Let me reiterate the need to fill those things up until they are hard as a rock and are bulging. Reason? If the water is allowed to slosh in the bag at all, there's a real chance it will slosh on takeoff, ripping the handles and putting the bag into the water. Ask me how I know this happens...
Yeah that sucks that happened. I try to stay diligent when I see people post videos or pictures of not filling their bags of what can happen. The things you see on Facebook !

I have an arsenal of pictures. Sorry if they are anyone on here 🫣

Here are the worst I have seen . . .

Screenshot_20210617-225627_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210617-225635_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210331-204708_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220813-130851_Facebook.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah that sucks that happened. I try to stay diligent when I see people post videos or pictures of not filling their bags of what can happen. The things you see on Facebook !

I have an arsenal of pictures. Sorry if they are anyone on here 🫣

Here are the worst I have seen . . .

View attachment 204465

View attachment 204466

View attachment 204469

View attachment 204473
Let me be clear - direction’s indicate to fill! My issues were user error. Not only that but even with busted handles the bag still works great. Made in Milwaukee, top notch product.