• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

222 Bimini frame

Ahartwig55

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

My family and I purchased a brand new 222s 6 months ago. We took the boat out 5 days later. The first use of our new boat, the Bimini pole the slides into the top of the top catches wind and bends the pole completely in half. I had with me my wife, 2 newborns, and a 2 year old. So we weren’t going over 20 mph. It completely scared the crap out of us.

there’s no way this should have happened right?

I filed a claim with the dealership I bought it from 7 days after I purchased it. I’ve been battling them and Yamaha for 6 months to replace it. It ruined the rest of the season because it was too hot out here not to have shade.

At this point basically both have told me to go eff myself. I will not be purchasing from Yamaha or Bert’s mega mall ever again. I can’t even get the guy helping me with my claim to find me the part number so I can just buy the part myself.

I’m hoping someone here can point me in the direction of where I can buy this replacement pole.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I used this number after almost a year of waiting for a damaged captain's chair from the factory, documented at delivery.

Yamaha Motors Customer Support 800 962-7926.

Good luck.

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try calling PARTZILLS and see if they cross over info...............Yahama Sports Plaza shows your model number 222s and all the part numbers for you tube top but all part numbers say NOT available.

Partzilla shows all you Yamaha part numbers are available but they are listed under different Model number boats. They might know if it cross reference over to your model.

just a thought.