• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$70 Seadeck. What did I do.

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2018 AR195.

The factory mats were hot, slippery, a few of the snaps were broke off and I couldn't afford the good stuff.

Bought a sheet of EVA foam, traced the old mats and it turned out pretty good. It doesnt have the nice routed edges and my circles around the latches (traced dixie cup) are ok but for $70 I'll take it. Oddly enough, the color matches better with the interior gray than the stock EVA on the rear.

We will see how long it lasts but given the stock Marine mat or Seadeck on the back looks like trash already, it can't be worse than that.

Attachments

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great! Nice job!

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been thinking about doing the same thing for some of the gunnel areas. Where did you get the sheets? Any idea how close the color matches the OEM?

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Amazon.. although I looked at a bunch of different places. I think it's all the same stuff, just maybe different/better glue on some. I was debating buying with no glue backing and glueing myself. Figured, I'll try this, if it pulls up, I can reglue like folks do with the OEM mats anyway.

Here is the color difference from OEM. I think it matches the other OEM gray better with it being a little lighter.

Attachments

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Amazon.. although I looked at a bunch of different places. I think it's all the same stuff, just maybe different/better glue on some. I was debating buying with no glue backing and glueing myself. Figured, I'll try this, if it pulls up, I can reglue like folks do with the OEM mats anyway.

Here is the color difference from OEM. I think it matches the other OEM gray better with it being a little lighter.
Close enough for my eyes. Would you happen to have a link?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
yes.. that's the one. However, looks like it's more expensive now. I bought a while ago and just installed.

Note: 2 sheets of the 35x94 is more than enough.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 AR195.

The factory mats were hot, slippery, a few of the snaps were broke off and I couldn't afford the good stuff.

Bought a sheet of EVA foam, traced the old mats and it turned out pretty good. It doesnt have the nice routed edges and my circles around the latches (traced dixie cup) are ok but for $70 I'll take it. Oddly enough, the color matches better with the interior gray than the stock EVA on the rear.

We will see how long it lasts but given the stock Marine mat or Seadeck on the back looks like trash already, it can't be worse than that.
What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing. Looks great.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that looks great. and Holy Cow it's far less expensive. Definitely worth a try if you have failing carpet.

I'm considering it for the lower deck on my 190 that is currently just textured fiberglass with nothing on it.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That turned out nice!

JetterB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This looks amazing for $70! What did you use for cutting? Boxcutter/razor blades?

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Main shape was done with scissors. Cutouts like holes was a box cutter

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great maybe a wood router with a cove bit would make it look even better

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes, that is how your supposed to do it. Maybe on the next one.

Bubba7827

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am considering the same amazon foam decking and notice they sell a border strip. Any thoughts on how much extra work installing the border would be, the chances of it looking OK, and the likelihood it will stay stuck down? I have reasonable skills and experience with installing vinyl sheet flooring and such.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Off topic - anyone have luck cleaning darker stains off of grey seadek? I've tried the green cleaner, hot water and dawn, windex, and a light powerwash with no luck. According to SeaDek can use a mild bleach mix, but not sure if that will restore the color or not.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Off topic - anyone have luck cleaning darker stains off of grey seadek? I've tried the green cleaner, hot water and dawn, windex, and a light powerwash with no luck. According to SeaDek can use a mild bleach mix, but not sure if that will restore the color or not.
Do you know what is? Usually need to target the exact stain if a general cleaner doesn’t work. Maybe an anti-mildew/mold cleaner?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use a 4" bristle brush like the one sold here on amazon. Chuck it up in a drill, pre-spray the whole surface with simple green, purple power ect.. and go to town in the grain direction. I have been able to get out everything from blood to mud. It may take a few applications and passes but it has worked for me.