• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any Washington State Boaters

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
looking for some boating buddies for some meet ups this summer in washington state i live in seattle side of washington

Attachments

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I already mentioned it in PM or on facebook, but the hydro races are here locally from July 24-26th. We go out and anchor up and enjoy the big party that it is. We can't get very close to the actual races anymore, but it is still a lot of fun none the less. Anyone that wants to come out is welcome to join!

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sounds good man and everyone looking good for june 28 going to san juan and orcas islands?

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the go ahead for me to go. I still have to work out some logistics but looks like I should make it. Wife and baby will stay behind this time, but I will likely bring my dog. I want to scope the area out first before taking them up into those kind of cold waters.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ya i get ya i am still thinking if i should take my 3 and a half yr old and my wife get sea sick so i might just take my mom and her sister and her friend and her 8 yr old son we will see when it gets closer anyone know how the water is around that area and if it gets bad? also im thinking bout spending the night up there the 27 and then get a early start on sunday around 8 or so depending on weather any thoughts?

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
jfkraus what ya think? polarxj can u tag him in this thread i dont know how and i think he is the only other one interested i know another buddy of mine may bring his wife and his 19 sea ray and his other buddy may bring his boat so we will see

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
your tag looks like it worked, but in case it didn't.

@jfkraus

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok thanks and anythoughts on the other stuff about time we head out and weather and all

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For what? Orcas or water follies?

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We booked two nights at Fidalgo Bay Resort in Anacortes for June 26-27 and plan on going out to the San Juans. It will be me, my wife, my 14 year old daughter and possibly my two stepsons (16 and 21). We'll probably try and do a run over to Friday Harbor on Saturday and then go out again on Sunday. Although we'd have to pack up our RV Sunday morning.

We'll be at The Gorge Amphitheater July 24-26 and then at Banks Lake July 31- August 9th so we'll miss both the Follies and Seafair this year.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
for the orca san juan islands
and jfkraus i think we could make it work saturday will have to check and see when we will be going up there but that would work great what time u thinking saturday and sunday about heading out about and earlier is better for water and weather conditions right

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok are there other ramps maybe we could use and u have been there before is the weather get bad quick or stays calms between the islands?

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've never boated the San Juans before, but they do intra-island kayak trips up there. I've been on the ferry a few times and it's always been calm. I think the weather is fairly predictable and the seas generally calm. As far as other ramps, Washington Park is the only public one that I know of, but there could be/probably are others.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok well should be a good time and experience i guess we will deciede when it gets closer where we should all meet up and what time is good for tide and water level wise

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds good!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah time is important to know, as well as lodging for Saturday night. As for weather, it can kick up pretty good between the islands. Wind direction and if the tide is running in or out will dictate a lot.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Earlier would be better, but I'm worried about the very low tides at 8:00 am on that weekend (http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions/viewDailyPredictions.jsp?bmon=06&bday=27&byear=2015&timelength=daily&timeZone=2&dataUnits=1&datum=MLLW&timeUnits=2&interval=highlow&format=Submit&Stationid=9448794) . The public ramp at Washington Park is a bit short at low tide if I remember correctly.
I have launched here 3 times, and yes the tide should be on your mind. I have always been told not to launch without a plus 3'. I pushed it once and ended up maneuvering the boat to the very end of the dock by hand, then pushing out as hard as I could as I jumped onto the bow. I then let it drift out a bit before firing up the motors. It is SHALLOW. I typically use the Deception Pass ramp. It gives much better access, plus the cruise through the pass is always fun.

Deception Pass would definitely not be as convenient if you are staying in town, but I assure you Washington park ramp is shallow. If you keep the plus 3' in mind, launching and retrieving, it is not bad.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Deception Pass would definitely not be as convenient if you are staying in town, but I assure you Washington park ramp is shallow. If you keep the plus 3' in mind, launching and retrieving, it is not bad.
That's great info, thanks!