• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio Recommendations

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking to upgrade the audio in my AR220. I've already replaced the stock speakers with DB651s and I'm considering adding an amplifier of some kind as well as a sound bar (I prefer the sound bar to cans). Not looking for anything super loud or super expensive. Just want a good upgrade from factory, which is not saying much. Any recommendations are appreciated.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
LOL "not looking for something super loud."

Yeah bud, we all started that way... :p I would put together your budget and find someone that does marine audio, then plan on doubling your budget if they do the install. JL is known for rich and loud, WetSounds is known for LOUD AND LOUD sounds (but still decent tones), really depends on your listening preferences. I like the WetSounds LED systems (I use a WS LED controller for my JL speakers) vs. JL's behind-the-speaker. Rockford makes a nice system if you're budget is shallow. Had the 12" Wet Sounds tower speakers been available when I did my install in 2020 I would've gone with two of those vs. the 4 8.8 JL's for sure, they're pretty amazing.

Most of the high-end surf boats are all JL or WS, with some like Tige moving to Audison (great reviews), Supra moving to a "DSD" which is all in-house designed, and stubborn MasterCraft sticking Klipstch for some unknown reason... (although I've never heard it, could be nice).

One of the things my audio installer recommended was installing the amps on a board within the port helm compartment and not spending the extra money on "marine" amps because "properly installed these amps will see no more moisture than a vehicle will," which saves some money.

I put a full JL system on my 212S, 8.8 x4 on the tower, m6 x 8 in the tub, and a bandpass 10" in the compartment in the helm compartment. 1500w of amps. Sounds amazing...

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s the size of ur hand and will make the biggest difference
This is the exact amp I had in my previous boat. I agree, it worked great. Wasn't sure if it was outdated and new tech had taken over since. Thanks for the recommendation.

Also, any thoughts on amplified vs. non-amplified sound bars?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 8” tower speakers and they are on that amp too. Not gonna admit how many but I have an eq as well and driving 30+ mph my volume is at 1/4 and ppl willl have me cut it down. At the beach I never go over half and u can’t get near my boat. I have kickers in my boat. Some of the ppl on this site spend way more than me I can’t imagine how loud they are. I’ve never had someone at the beach louder than me. And bc of how little of power it takes to use that amp I can play my music all day without worrying about my battery.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Add an amp, and if you are set on a soundbar (I would just get one that has its own amplifier).