• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Question on 2015 242 Limited S

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I understand that when underway you have both the House Switch and Start Switch in the on position and the Emergency parallel switch in the off position. When I have the switches in this position the boat only stays in Float Mode even when underway. On the other hand, when I turn on all three switches and the boat is underway the display reads correctly and Float Mode only kicks in when the engines are stopped. Any ideas what may be going on?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Does your batteries have a cable linking the negative terminals?

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Between this and your lighting issue, you have some wiring gremlins... I've never had to turn the emergency switch. Just be careful with those gremlins on the water...I hear if they get wet, it's ain't so pretty!

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46, no I don't see a cable connecting both negative terminals. Any other ideas? I called the dealer who said they would call Yamaha.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Not sure if that's your problem. But you need one for it to work properly. They'll send you one, don't worry.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey guys, this one has me baffled. I'm gonna look at my other boats tomorrow and see if they do the same thing and what the wiring setup is. Stay tuned...

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Our first boat that we got in was missing the negative jumper cable that connects both batteries. We called up our girl at Yamaha and she got us one right out. I think she said it was missing from a few of the first boats. You def. need a cable connecting the two negative battery terminals.