• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini top rear supports 2012 limited s

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Words of advice....
I left the rear support legs attached to the Bimini top whole trailering. When the top is stowed for trailering, they are held in place only by the spring loaded "nub" that you use to adjust the height of the rear supports. Well, I lost one....
Rigged something up for the weekend...but I had to order the parts for long term and it cost me nearly $150....
Remove and stow those supports them before you trailer!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Words of advice....
I left the rear support legs attached to the Bimini top whole trailering. When the top is stowed for trailering, they are held in place only by the spring loaded "nub" that you use to adjust the height of the rear supports. Well, I lost one....
Rigged something up for the weekend...but I had to order the parts for long term and it cost me nearly $150....
Remove and stow those supports them before you trailer!

I had one fall out while underway and I took it to my dealer and they just gave me a new one for free. Maybe try and contact your dealer??

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine has a grey plastic c type clamp that holds it in place. I have a cover that zips over the entire top and attaches to the tower. I never thought it would come off while towing. Am I missing something? I want to be sure not to lose one.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The black knobs on mine come loose from time to time so I tighten them before every outing. Not sure how to get to $150 unless something else fell off.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I lost one as well. My wife and I were cleaning the boat in our slip when I heard one of those words you never want to hear while on the water....."Oops" I kept my cool until I saw the replacement cost....$150 for a 8" piece of pipe....insane.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine has a grey plastic c type clamp that holds it in place. I have a cover that zips over the entire top and attaches to the tower. I never thought it would come off while towing. Am I missing something? I want to be sure not to lose one.
Maybe different on a 2014? I did not lose the piece with the plastic clamp...I lost the rear support extension below that attaches to the main top structure with one of those simple spring loaded buttons. I always simpley unpinned it at the the bottom and folded her up...

My cover goes around the whoel top, but does not extend enough to cover the ends of those poles....

Anyway...I was able to rig up a quick fix for the weekend with a 1/2 inch piece of conduit. Worked perfectly!

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The black knobs on mine come loose from time to time so I tighten them before every outing. Not sure how to get to $150 unless something else fell off.
No black knobs on my 2012 bimini top...
must be different.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The black knob attaches your bimini to the tower...
oh, those. No. didn't lose those. Lost the rear support that have the pins that hold the rear support down to the brackets.
I am seriously thinking about banging out a few more of these with the conduit I had to purchase and offering to just send them to inmates here whenever they lose one. Takes about 5 minutes of cutting, pounding and drilling...

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just realized why maybe some people could be scratching their heads on this. I noticed a guy on the lake this weekend who stores his bimini differently than I do. I unclip the rear supports, wrap up the bimini, put on the cover and fold the whole thing forward and strap it to the wake tower. The boat I noticed this weekend had the rear supports in place, and the bimini was folded BACK and wrapped and covered. If you do it this way, then you won't lose those rear support extensions, but I am not sure it's as secure as my way for trailering.

Anyway, moving on...