• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blacktip deck install - 07-AR230

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's some pics of my project today. 4 hr from being to start. Once old stuff was off, the new mat was easy to put on. I used Acetone, 3m adhesive remover, goo gone and a pressure washer. The pressure washer worker the best.

mat1.jpg mat2.jpg mat3.jpg mat4.jpg mat5.jpg mat6.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been there, done that! Looks good. I didn't use acetone or a pressure washer though. On mine I used Simply Green, a plastic scrapper and a scrub brush. It was spotless and perfect before I laid down the new Seadek.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice. I just ordered the same stuff off Amazon. Supposed to be here by Tuesday and I'll be doing the same.

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me clarify, don't use the pressure washer on the smallest nozzle as it will rip the fiber glass. I used old fashion elbow grease to get the top mat off. I then used the pressure washer for glue portion. I used all three removers and let me sit, but couldn't really tell if they worked b/c I went right to the pressure washer.

I got my black-tip from THE WATERCRAFT SUPERSTORE for 85$ on sale in Dec.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've removed hydro turf from a few vehicles now. That stated, I recommend using a heat gun / hair dryer to warm the material up before you begin to peel the old turf off. If you can get a helper to work the gun you will be free to work the turf (with a plastic putty knife and a heat resistant glove if you can find one). We peeled the turf off of my son's waveblaster in no time at all once we started using the heat gun. Before that it was just elbow grease and goof off and it took forever. Using the heat gun I was able to get most of the material and original adhesive off in one piece.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody know where I can buy some glue. Some of my mats are coming up

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get some 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. Read and follow the directions --- coat both surfaces and allow to tack up before you put them together.