• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cabbage Key Florida

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have a friend that comes down from Jersey every year for a guys week trip to Cape Coral. They always rent a big house on the water and a boat for the week. This year he mentioned looking for a tiki bar or a place to anchor up, have a couple drinks and smoke a few cigars. Anyone know anything in that area I could tell them about?

I'm new to the area and haven't explored all that much, but the Boat House is a convenient Tiki Bar if he's in or near Cape Coral. For anchoring up, Pelican Pass on the NE side of Cayo Costa has a nice sandbar. Depending on when though, he'll have some company. I'm in Punta Gorda, and if they are looking for a little bit more of a ride, it's a fun place to explore. Folks who have been here longer will chime in, I'm sure....

I'm new to the area and haven't explored all that much, but the Boat House is a convenient Tiki Bar if he's in or near Cape Coral. For anchoring up, Pelican Pass on the NE side of Cayo Costa has a nice sandbar. Depending on when though, he'll have some company. I'm in Punta Gorda, and if they are looking for a little bit more of a ride, it's a fun place to explore. Folks who have been here longer will chime in, I'm sure....
Thanks for the info, I will let him know!

Cabbage Key is the home to the Cabbage Key Inn and Restaurant. Can only get there by water. It's where Jimmy Buffett drew the inspiration for Cheeseburger in Paradise. Definitely a near-religious experience.

Attachments

• Cabbage 1.jpg
    Cabbage 1.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Cabbage 3.jpg
    Cabbage 3.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Cabbage 4.jpg
    Cabbage 4.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Cabbage Burger.jpg
    Cabbage Burger.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 25
I live at Tarpon Point and there is a cove where people anchor for days. The Tarpon Point Marina also has some transient slips. There are a couple bars / restaurants around the marina.... the Nauti Mermaid and High Tide Social. This is just down river a bit from the Tiki Bar in Cape Coral that was mentioned above.

As far as Cabbage Key goes.... I won't go there in-season or weekends. Trying to get in and out of there to dock is freakin' crazy and docking space can be very hard to get.

I you’re into something a little more primitive Cayo Costa has park service cabins with no power. There are baths with hot water. And stunning, uncrowded beach on the Gulf side. Hop in your boat and head to Cabbage Key or Key Lime Bistro on Captiva.

**edit**. Tragically I see Key Lime Bistro (and the Bubble Room) are still closed from hurricane Ian. The Mucky Duck or RC Otters will do as substitutes.

Last edited:
Back