• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carver Sunbrella cover for AR240 with factory tower, DOES NOT FIT

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Guys

I ordered a carver cover.
It covers the boat well.
But is to loose to trailer with.
I will quickly list problems.

(Main Problems)
1. no tie down straps between tower flap point, unable to get cover tight over cockpit (trailering).
2. Reinforced patches are over cleats and fuel cap, but not centered.

1a. Except pattern is wrong and or quality control missed a few things.
2. Rope around seam is actually a lot nicer than I expected if you use a rope ratchet.
3. Should only need to tie cover to trailer for highway speeds (opinion)

I submitted a long email with detailed pictures and measurements to help Carver correct the problems.
At this point Carver offered to sell me the cover for $650 and said I could modify myself locally. I passed.
I found a Used Jet Boat Pilot Sunbrella cover and ordered it (what I wanted to begin with).

Carver said they are too busy currently to repair my cover or make the repairs I recommended
I can forward email to anyone wanting more details, but not gonna post the entire thing.

Carver was very close to having the Cover made correctly.
I would ??guess?? next winter when they are slow they may identify and correct the manufacturing problems.

Also dealing with everybody at the distributor and manufacturing was a pleasant experience.
They are willing to stand behind their product.

?1. Missing 4 straps each side between tower point on flap.jpg

Last edited:

bigwoo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty close to the Carver plant and have done work for them. Someone on the other forum had the same problem and they remade his cover. I had offered to let them measure and try the cover on my boat to get it right. They actually made me a Bimini pole that I lost in the lake last year. It's pretty amazing to see the machine cut out those huge pattern pieces.