• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral boats- any pictures of registration numbers on boat?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Strange question maybe. Bought our boat last March, received it in May. Registration number was finally assigned by the great state of Illinois (sarcastic) and mailed to us 1 week after we pulled the boat for the season at the end of October. So, one of my winter to do's is to buy my numbers so I can apply them to the boat when we get her out of storage.

I know I have just about 3.5" of blue above my rub rail. So, just trying to decide whether to go with just white or something else. Been looking at picture of other boats on line, but have not seen 1 Vortex with numbers applied. Anyone of you with a Vortex got a pic of your boat showing the numbers? Just curious what color scheme you went with and how it looks.

(I think I am reaching here, looking for anything to ponder about boating while I wait for spring to arrive)

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Strange question maybe. Bought our boat last March, received it in May. Registration number was finally assigned by the great state of Illinois (sarcastic) and mailed to us 1 week after we pulled the boat for the season at the end of October. So, one of my winter to do's is to buy my numbers so I can apply them to the boat when we get her out of storage.

I know I have just about 3.5" of blue above my rub rail. So, just trying to decide whether to go with just white or something else. Been looking at picture of other boats on line, but have not seen 1 Vortex with numbers applied. Anyone of you with a Vortex got a pic of your boat showing the numbers? Just curious what color scheme you went with and how it looks.

(I think I am reaching here, looking for anything to ponder about boating while I wait for spring to arrive)
@BobJohnson I'm not sure this will help as our colors differ, but I am showing a short video where you can kind of see our numbers... we went with black against the white hull. We placed our numbers just below the rub rail. I could not post the video here but stuck it on youtube:
. Not sure why the video quality isn't better but hopefully you can see the numbers.

We thoroughly enjoyed summer 2015 and hope you have a great 2016 season. 6 inches of snow here last week but almost 70 degrees today, and got a touch of spring fever.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
those are nice. that was one of the stores I was looking at also.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yeah I don't have them on the boat yet because its winter or I would send you a picture.