• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Classified Sections

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Can I suggest a few changes to the classified section?

1. A parts for sale related section separate from a boats for sale section.
2. WTB sections for both.
3. Other non-jet boat related items for sale (not sure how much of a need there is for this?)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I appreciate the suggestion and believe we will expand into those types of sections as the forum grows. With a total of 93 threads I feel that it is ok to leave all the classifieds combined for now.

I am curious if other members feel that we need to expand the classifieds section now?

@Moderating, what do you guys think?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Comparing it to other forums we are familiar with, the ads that we have seen here are easily navigated at this point I think @Bruce , but the day is coming that we will have many other categories I suspect. Good recommendation however! It lets us know where we're headed and what may be needed quickly! Thanks @captainhook !

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was also thinking that this may entice others to list things here as well, such as parts. The reason being is because I have seen several members mention things they would sell in threads, not having created a thread for it.

For example I have been looking for a cover and fins, both of which I have seen people mention that they were selling in other threads.

Thanks for listening!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you looking for the older smaller fins or new ones? I had the original fin design on my SX230 and upgraded to larger ones. It made a huge difference.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Either ones, I'm cheap ;)

Also I am not 100% sure I need them having been a jet engine "captain" for my entire "career."

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not sure that they are necessary either. But they are nice at low speed.

I had small fins on my LX210 and they made a noticeable difference. When I bought my SX210 it had small fins on it. I found it more difficult to maneuver at low speed than the LX210 was. After upgrading to large fins the SX230 is easier to maneuver at low speed than the LX210 was. I started boating with outboards, so my experience is based on being able to turn the boat using the steering wheel without using the throttle. The more I drive a jet boat the more I steer with thrust and less that I feel the need for steering when off of the throttle.

The oldest designs require drilling holes in the jets. I believe that all of the newer designs bolt on using existing holes.

Older sets of fins can be picked up for as little as $50. I gave mine to a friend.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I meant to ask, what kind of jet do you captain? Is it a single, double or quadruple?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am not sure that they are necessary either. But they are nice at low speed.

I had small fins on my LX210 and they made a noticeable difference. When I bought my SX210 it had small fins on it. I found it more difficult to maneuver at low speed than the LX210 was. After upgrading to large fins the SX230 is easier to maneuver at low speed than the LX210 was. I started boating with outboards, so my experience is based on being able to turn the boat using the steering wheel without using the throttle. The more I drive a jet boat the more I steer with thrust and less that I feel the need for steering when off of the throttle.

The oldest designs require drilling holes in the jets. I believe that all of the newer designs bolt on using existing holes.

Older sets of fins can be picked up for as little as $50. I gave mine to a friend.
Thanks for the info. I knew the oldest requires drilling holes and though I've seem some mentions of the nozzle breaking, it seems that most are happy with them. There is a set on eBay going for about $86 plus shipping so I guess those are too high so you saved me a few bucks. The boat I bought had 15 hours and not a single scratch and I'm worried about dock rash as I like to keep everything nice.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I knew the oldest requires drilling holes and though I've seem some mentions of the nozzle breaking, it seems that most are happy with them. There is a set on eBay going for about $86 plus shipping so I guess those are too high so you saved me a few bucks. The boat I bought had 15 hours and not a single scratch and I'm worried about dock rash as I like to keep everything nice.
The holes are not going to hurt anything or cause cracking. They are relatively small and the fins are bolted on very securely.

Post a wanted ad in the classified section. I bet someone will sell you a used set of fins for $50. Earlier this year I believe that both fin manufacturers offered a $100 trade in program on new purchases. That is the highest value I have seen for them. But that required spending hundreds more to get the deal.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I had a picture in my mind of @captainhook on the bridge of a giant sea going vessel with massive jet engines barking out orders. LOL !!! but hell a sea- doo works too.

My imagination runs wild sometimes!!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if subsections are needed at this point. Timed posts would be cool though. This would keep it uncluttered and only ads that are still valid would be at the top of the list. Members would need to revisit their ad every 30 days to keep it valid and confirm that it's still for sale...if the don't, it falls to the sold or inactive list. Sounds easy but I'm sure it's not a possibility within our forum structure.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The holes are not going to hurt anything or cause cracking. They are relatively small and the fins are bolted on very securely.

Post a wanted ad in the classified section. I bet someone will sell you a used set of fins for $50. Earlier this year I believe that both fin manufacturers offered a $100 trade in program on new purchases. That is the highest value I have seen for them. But that required spending hundreds more to get the deal.
Good idea, thanks. It just seemed strange to clutter up the for sale section with a "WTB" thread but I will give it a shot.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if subsections are needed at this point. Timed posts would be cool though. This would keep it uncluttered and only ads that are still valid would be at the top of the list. Members would need to revisit their ad every 30 days to keep it valid and confirm that it's still for sale...if the don't, it falls to the sold or inactive list. Sounds easy but I'm sure it's not a possibility within our forum structure.

I think this makes a lot of sense. It would also keep people from digging up 5 year old threads just to ask "is this still available" and the guy had sold his boat and not been on the board in 4 years. Having the seller confirm that it is still available every 30 days would be a huge improvement over most other classifieds that you see on forums.