• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext question..

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As the Connect is a new system and we are seriously thinking to upgrade to an 2015 SX240, what are everyone's thoughts on the Connext being stored outside in the winter time. Wondering if it would be something to remove for winter storage.

I know cars have something similar with the new GPS/navigation, but those are better protected from the elements.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't speak for the Connext system specifically, I can say in my experience with marine electronics, you won't have anything to worry about. Keep the boat cover on and it will be fine. I used to maintain the electronic packages on Coast Guard small boats in all seasons and the only problems I ever had was either operator error, or salt water intrusion.

As for the Connext system time will tell how durable they are. The boats at my local dealer are all kept outside during the winter so I can't imagine they would do that if the system was known to fail in winter weather.

Last edited:

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I kinda thought so. I am just wondering about years outside in harsh weather. I guess time will tell.