• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler Cooler Access!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwwTh_eI9PxCZjRuMFNkYnVrLVU/edit?usp=sharing

Just about my biggest problem with the 242 LS was the lack of in-floor cooler that my 212SS had. I bought the biggest soft sided cooler I could fit in the designated cooler location and had the seat modified over the winter. I made the hinges out of some stainless 1/4" bolts, rubber tubing and stainless brackets I found at West Marine.

(hope this link works, I am not good with computers)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That makes for easy access!

Do you open the seat lid then unzip the cooler or do you use the seat cushion as the cooler lid?

If you upload the video to YouTube you can embed it in the page.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bruce, I load the cooler with the seat removed. The cooler lid unzips. The lid also has a small access port, that velcro closed, right in the center of the lid. When opening the new access hatch, the velcro'd lid is right under it. 9 out of 10 times someone just wants a cold drink and we don't need to have 2 people stand up and move to the front to grab a drink. It's been working out well so far.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also just added as small bilge pump to my cooler. I like to keep it full all the time, but emptying out the water was a pain in the ass. The cooler barely fits out the opening and it is an awkward position to lift out to drain. Since I have my bilge pump on a float switch directly to the battery, I was able to use the oem switch and circuit for my cooler bilge. My back thanks me weekly! Lol