• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cyber truck wraps

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A lot of Tesla's are wrapped anyways. Feel like nothing new here.
An absurd amount of Rivians get the matte finish PPF as well. It's an expensive treatment, and I get it. Guessing I underestimated the demand at that price point.

Also, Neighbor has a blurple wrapped Model X. It's hideous.

You'll want to mute this before clicking play. He's loud and obnoxious.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Can’t make that Cuber Truck anymore uglier than it already is.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A lot of Tesla's are wrapped anyways. Feel like nothing new here.
That's because Tesla offers like 4 colors, most are an expensive upgrade, and their paint quality is "good rattle can job" at best. Tesla should just run their stuff through the local Maaco for the $300 special, it'd look better than what they do.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, I think we are gonna see more OEMs get into wrapped cars. Ford is doing a matte black wrapped lightning already. It's a high margin, low cost way for them to do special editions. Rather than having to configure their production line to do a new color, they spray them black and then wrap them afterwards. On an industrial scale, with pre designed and pre cut pieces, that's a piece of cake.

I expect to see a lot more limited run vehicles be wraps over top of a matching or black paint.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree @BlkGS That was my point, that it is coming from the OEMs, not what people are doing. For Tesla it is about covering up shoddy workmanship. It makes complete sense for special editions to use the method unless the color is irrelevant (stock color option will do) or it is some special 3+ layer paint job. It will be curious as to what warranty is provided with the wrap.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Their claim that that's somehow a better material than what is available on the market is kinda bs, but I mean, they're a highly biased site.

Wraps can be cheap vinyl or thicker, nicer material. Most people doing wrap opt for the medium grade stuff, because they don't want to do a permanent color change, and like to change ge it up, or even more commonly the car is a lease so they're gonna turn it in 2-3 years so they don't need to pay for a higher end wrap.

What's going to be interesting is how the used market views them. Wraps don't age as well as paint. You leave a wrap on for say, 5 years, 7 years, 10 years... It's pretty much ruined and it's gonna be a real bitch to get off. They've improved a lot since the beginning of vinyl wraps, but they're never going to be paint level durable. Buying a used vehicle with a not fresh wrap is always a crapshoot, because it could start cracking in a month and be horrible to get off. Wrapped cars typically go for a lot less money than a stock car, due to that risk and also risk of what condition the paint underneath it is.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was thinking about wraps this morning.

OEM's offering them feels a little like textured walls in a brand new house. It's a cover/band-aid for poor substrate prep work. Like, you could have garbage paint work (or arguably NO paint work) under the wrap, and still have a quite presentable vehicle. Much like crap walls with poor drywall work that are textured and have a quite presentable house.

I personally wouldn't buy it from an OEM that way. Might consider a wrap on a vehicle that is old and busted in lieu of paint work. Like if I wanted to freshen up my $1,500 pickup with a cheap wrap to get a few years of "nice looking" out of it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am wondering if they are clear coating the metal or leaving it bare stainless. Stainless is a mother to keep clean and free of surface corrosion.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I am wondering if they are clear coating the metal or leaving it bare stainless. Stainless is a mother to keep clean and free of surface corrosion.
Maybe they took a page from the DMC12 playbook. Look at all them back to the future cars that survived the years!