• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you trailer your boat or have a slip?

Do you trailer your boat or have a slip?

• I leave my boat at a slip or dock for the season

Votes: 75 28.8%
  • I trailer my boat every time, like having it at home

Votes: 159 61.2%
  • Both, but mostly trailer

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Both, but mostly leave at a slip

Votes: 20 7.7%

• Total voters

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am tired of public launches but not sure about leaving the boat in the water.

Lots of pros to a slip, easy night boating, quicker trips, less hassle...

Cons, boat gets dirty, can't work on it at home...

What do you do and why?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I trailer for two reason; 1 I am cheap, don't want to pay for a slip and 2 I like having the boat at home, easier to keep clean, maintain, and modify.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i trailered for the first 2 years, but now i just rented a slip and bought a used lift...

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
30 ft slip/hydrohoist lift with 6' of decking. No idea where I parked the trailer.
What lake? I'm still trailering mine as I choose different lakes to visit.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I choose a covered lift this year simply for the ease. We have two yong children and packing them up and keeping them happy can be a chore in of its self. My wife and I figured that with a slip we would be able to get alot more use out of the boat. The lake is an hour'ish away so we will be able to make it up there and back during the week after work, if we were trailering we would be limited to only the weekends. I am not sure of the cost in other areas but it set us back $1750 for the year (he allows you to leave it on the lift all winter if you would like).

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
30' slip here, with decking on the front 6-7 feet, dock boxes to store all the crap, 1 grill, nice patio set with 4 chairs, and soon to add a TV with a direct tv dish. Oh, plus a boatfloater lift, so hull stays nice and clean!!

My buddies have the same setup only bigger boats, so they use my area to hang out, plus they both have grills, so we can cook some good stuff with 3 small electric grills going. Nothing better than coming off the water, and firing up the grills and cooking some burgers or chicken fajitas!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We keep it on the trailer at home. Living in North Florida we head out to alot of different locations in Florida, Georgia, South and North Carolina.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine sits in the water mid May until October. Pull it out once a month to clean the bottom. It's not a big deal to keep clean. I like having the convenience of the slip. We go out much more frequently because of it. Sometimes we just take the boat downtown for a cup of coffee. We would never do that if we had to launch. That being said we are a 5 min walk from the house to the marina.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our boat is stored at home and we trailer a few hundred miles to the lakes that we use. But we do put the boat in a slip when were on the water so that we don't have to launch/retrieve every day.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I keep ours in a covered wet slip. This makes it ieasy to go out and also protects the boat off season. Also the boat grows out of the water and I don't have to try and fit her in my yard somewhere. When we take the boat out I will usually wipe the hull down as everyone is playing around. I take the boat out in the beginning and end of the season to clean, wax and do any maintenance on her. I have never had a real issues but most of the work can be done in the slip and if I need to do anything else (like spring prep, oil, waxing, etc.) I just pull her out and take her home. I have had the dealer pick her up for warranty work. We love the set up we have. It does cost more!

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Neither. I keep mine at a marina on the trailer. If marinas up here had lifts I'd probably do that. If I didn't live in a city I'd just keep it at my house. I'd love to be able to work on it/ clean it whenever I want.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been giving a slip a lot of thought, but the one lake I'm considering (Lake Texoma) is too low right now. The only other thing I am concerned about is my friends like to try out different lakes. I guess I will continue to do the storage thing for another year and decide next summer.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same reservations. Then once I got a slip most of my friends got slips. Now it's one big cluster *$#@!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep as mattschepker said I think we will be on a slip next year. The only bad thing is the boat will be an hour and a half away. :(

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I know @jaybro, that is the only reason that I would let my boat be so far away.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What lake? I'm still trailering mine as I choose different lakes to visit.
Lewisville - Hidden Cove - They aren't full and the lake level sucks, there are deals to be had if interested.